Can we make a comeback?

Lenny

7 hours ago, Jamie Cross said:

Most of face book is taken up with  "Is this Real", "How Much is it Worth"  and you can spend hours doing other`s  work for them, So maybe a proper forum would work thats not a pack of yes men  

Here,here!One thing this Forum lacks are the GIFs for I'd use an applauding Leonardo DiCaprio now

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
17 minutes ago, Manu Della Valle said:

Here,here!One thing this Forum lacks are the GIFs for I'd use an applauding Leonardo DiCaprio now

hahahahaha.. ;)

• Like 1

Here's the one you are looking for.....Clap for Lenny from the Great Man!

Well Done Lenny...We are ALL clapping for you...!!!

giphy.gif

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

• Field Marshall
1 minute ago, Desert Rat said:

Here's the one you are looking for.....Clap for Lenny from the Great Man!

Well Done Lenny...We are ALL clapping for you...!!!

giphy.gif

Hahahagaha... don’t show @Manu Della Valle how to do it or he’ll be unbearable. 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Hello Lenny and all,

Been back from France just 2 odd weeks, not a bad time but had to get my Mum into a care home, mind you at 98 years old (and being a Scot) she keeps fighting and doing quite well, you all in Motherwell, Wishaw and Glasgow are strong uns...!!!........SCOTLAND THE BRAVE.....!!!

Bless you and your Mum, @Desert Rat!

• Like 1

Sincere Thanks Tony....as sad as it is, as we all do whatever our heartache is, whatever we are facing, whatever they are suffering...We ALL MISS our Mother..!

I do not know you, but over time I have come to like you as a friend and someone who cares for others suffering...Dont be offended Tony ..But I send you All a Very Big Hug!

To My Friend...Thanks You

IanB/ UK

• Field Marshall
4 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Hello Lenny and all,

Been back from France just 2 odd weeks, not a bad time but had to get my Mum into a care home, mind you at 98 years old (and being a Scot) she keeps fighting and doing quite well, you all in Motherwell, Wishaw and Glasgow are strong uns...!!!........SCOTLAND THE BRAVE.....!!!

Sorry to hear about your mum.... did we talk about this before, I'm originally form Wishaw. 😮

• Like 1

Yes we did Lenny,

My Mum came from 5, Quarry Street, Wishaw....Met my Dad while on leave in Edinburgh at the castle ???

Then from the Western Desert, through Sicily across to Salerno for the Italian Campaign and re-called back to the UK with the 8th Army, rested (Met my Dad while on leave in Edinburgh at the castle ???) and prepared for D-Day in which he landed on Sword Beach in the afternoon of 6th June 1944, fought up through France, Belgium, Holland and into Germany with Monty's 21st Army Group.

My Dad on one of the cannons at the castle 

Dad at Edinburgh Castle

Dad at Edinburgh Castle.jpg

• Like 2

One last point to add here I know a lot of you gents from different venues spanning a wide variety of military history and collecting..

Imo we have the right core members here to make this a great forum..

Regards Mark

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’d like to add,if I may,that Fabesuck is full of obnoxious dumbabies who think they can say anything from behind their effing screens.This morning a guy posted a Das Reich cufftitle coming from an estate of a War correspondent and one of the resident dumbabies posted “Oh,somebody must have lost his life then!”.

And here it comes the umpteenth “collector” posting a watchamacallit not to find out what it is but to ask “how much is worth””?”.

We’ve backed the right horse,methinks!🤗

P.S.;how on Earth do you guys post them GIFs!😊 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Manu,

Good reply, yes we are in the best place at MCN.....Facesucksbook is useless!

Regards the Gif's.....Lenny is sending out a hit man for me if I tell you....!

Best to you Desert Rat/ IanB

waving-soldier (1).gif

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Hello Manu,

Good reply, yes we are in the best place at MCN.....Facesucksbook is useless!

Regards the Gif's.....Lenny is sending out a hit man for me if I tell you....!

Best to you Desert Rat/ IanB

waving-soldier (1).gif

Thanks Ian,
I'll find it by myself and I'll post GIFs until the end of time...or until @Lenny will give me "Das Boot"!:P:P:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes Ok.....a clap for you Manu.....!

You will find it...here's the Das BOOOT for you!

Best to you....IanB

submarine.gif

• Like 1

At last, the friendly banter is back, I,ve missed this over the last several months, I,ve always thought that this was one of the best forums out there, because of the members, theres rarely any nasty comments, and if any occur its dealt with swiftly, and professionally, plus its a helpful forum and an excellent place for new,young collectors to gain some knowledge. But have you all noticed that the return was simple, as if none of us have been away, and how quickly this has progressed, many more members etc. Now if any of you leave me again I shall hunt you down and let the air out of your tyres, see, see how nasty I can get, be afraid, be very afraid!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Field Marshall

Indeed, great to be back. It’s a more structured, relaxed friendly place...

nice to be home...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I quote here what one WAF long time user said:

I tried to have a look at the Scottish site, hardly any forum topics visible (I assume you have to subscribe as a member before you get to see anything....) so I can't judge. In any case, a forum invisible to non members is fatally flawed if you want to attract new members.

So Lenny, what's your take on that? Maybe flexing up the rules little bit to attract WAF people...?

• Like 1

• Field Marshall
Just now, val said:

I quote here what one WAF long time user said:

So Lenny, what's your take on that? Maybe flexing up the rules little bit to attract WAF people...?

Agreed. I’ll make all forums visible, but you need to register to comment. Hold on, just in from the fishing..

061AEA91-4747-4459-902D-D25A307BD3C8.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1