Can we make a comeback?

Lenny

Great catch Lenny,

A good big salmon.(we hope) or a tiddler.

Eat well...on whatever you caught?

Best to you all...Ian

• Upvote 1

Very Same to you Tony,

Have a great, relaxing weekend with your family...Hugs to you all

IanB/ UK

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Very Same to you Tony,

Have a great, relaxing weekend with your family...Hugs to you all

IanB/ UK

Im dealing with a sick "Monty" (one of my cats.) so a bit stressed, the Guinness will help me greatly.lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Tony,

To help you relax, You need to buy one of these special sink and taps from France, no water comes out but just - A lovely red wine!

red wine tap.jpg

• Haha 1

Get Well Monty, he looks a beautiful cat....I know how you feel Tony, this is an image of my dear siamese- Misty- before she died, trying to walk up the garden for a cuddle, she slept with me that night and I cuddled her..she died during the night, she wanted to be with me. I wish Humans could be so faithful, loyal and loving as animals (cats)

Ian

2010-02-11 04.16.50.jpg

• Like 4

• Field Marshall
32 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Great catch Lenny,

A good big salmon.(we hope) or a tiddler.

Eat well...on whatever you caught?

Best to you all...Ian

I’m not keen on fish, I love fishing but generally catch and release. Brown Trout and Rainbow. X5 rainbows today.

DC721D6D-9B5D-472A-BEF5-9F49EEE92D4C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
45 minutes ago, val said:

I quote here what one WAF long time user said:

So Lenny, what's your take on that? Maybe flexing up the rules little bit to attract WAF people...?

@val, which thread was that in? Anyway, have made all the forums visible to non members but this isn’t always the best thing. Yes it helps with Google rankings, but you don’t always want every post being totally visible on the net.

Remember, if a post is visible to a non registered member it’s also searchable and viewable in the open internet. 😉

I don’t see it as an issue to have limited forums visible to guests, with all forums visible once you register. (I use other Google tactics. 😉)

However, as I’m quite happy to recruit as many WAF members as we can, I’ve opemed it at the moment.

just for your info, there are a couple of Admin and moderator only forums that are only visible to admins/moderators. That’s pretty standard on all forums and is needed.

Anyway, your new group is ready, you want to moderate it?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lenny said:

@val, which thread was that in? Anyway, have made all the forums visible to non members but this isn’t always the best thing. Yes it helps with Google rankings, but you don’t always want every post being totally visible on the net.

Remember, if a post is visible to a non registered member it’s also searchable and viewable in the open internet. 😉

I don’t see it as an issue to have limited forums visible to guests, with all forums visible once you register. (I use other Google tactics. 😉)

However, as I’m quite happy to recruit as many WAF members as we can, I’ve opemed it at the moment.

just for your info, there are a couple of Admin and moderator only forums that are only visible to admins/moderators. That’s pretty standard on all forums and is needed.

Anyway, your new group is ready, you want to moderate it?

@Lenny - the post was here : http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=966294&page=3

Thanks for the Comm section - now i have to think it over how we will divide it. At WAF everything was just one big list of topics (58 pages), no separate subforums. We asked additional subforums but answer was that software doesn't support it. Ideally we want to divide it into different categories - phone stuff, wireless stuff, luftwaffe and radar stuff, documentation etc. Then British stuff. When there are different subforums/categories, things are easier to find. But since i don't know yet this forum software capabilities i don't know whether Comm should be under "Uniforms & Fieldgear" or be separate category? Since you are expert here tell me. I have no problem moderating it...

Edited by val
  • Like 1

Well said Davejb,

It's good and very encouraging to see all those who wish to make a comment and the humourous side of it join in with everyone we can, it has been a fair long time but even though we have possibly never met each other in person we have that commarderie that no other websites has.

Thank You to All MCN staff and the Field Marshall for all their time and devotion to this a remarkable site, for friends and those we like and think of...To you ALL on MCN....Grateful Thanks

Desert Rat/ Ian

• Field Marshall
15 minutes ago, val said:

@Lenny - the post was here : http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=966294&page=3

Thanks for the Comm section - now i have to think it over how we will divide it. At WAF everything was just one big list of topics (58 pages), no separate subforums. We asked additional subforums but answer was that software doesn't support it. Ideally we want to divide it into different categories - phone stuff, wireless stuff, luftwaffe and radar stuff, documentation etc. Then British stuff. When there are different subforums/categories, things are easier to find. But since i don't know yet this forum software capabilities i don't know whether Comm should be under "Uniforms & Fieldgear" or be separate category? Since you are expert here tell me. I have no problem moderating it...

To be honest, vbulletin 3.8 is ancient. From memory i thought it did Support sub forums, but that’s the least of its worries. It’s a security nightmare as it’s not suppported anymore.

you can have as many sub forums as you like here, makes it easier to find things.

ill add you as a moderator there, have a think about sub forums and I’ll sort it. 👍🏼

• Thanks 1

Well,I wouldn't let anybody see the topics.There are too many lurkers and pictures collectors already and while on this one hand I must say that posting info and pictures on Fuckbuck has been like throwing the proverbial pearls to the proverbial swines, on the other it may have helped us to "make a name" to ourselves amongst the ones who didn't know us yet.
Now if you want to take another ride you MUST have the token (read register) else take your fastest horse and ride  into the sunset until you'll reach the borders of the mitical Kingdom of Fuckyoustan!
Also Spracht Manuthustra!-_-

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Manu Della Valle said:

Well,I wouldn't let anybody see the topics.

Let's say this is temporary. Let WAF members see what we have here and come over. Later we close the gates again. Against Google indexing helps robots.txt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great job Lenny...

Try and get some more (many, many more), as we are all  coming around your house for a fresh fish BBQ & Beer...very soon!

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

• Field Marshall
1 hour ago, val said:

Let's say this is temporary. Let WAF members see what we have here and come over. Later we close the gates again. Against Google indexing helps robots.txt

Indeed, we need to show members on WAF that this is a more up to date, secure, easy to use forum. We need a band of dedicated users to get the momentum going again...

32 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Great job Lenny...

Try and get some more (many, many more), as we are all  coming around your house for a fresh fish BBQ & Beer...very soon!

Dream on.... :D

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lenny said:

I’m not keen on fish, I love fishing but generally catch and release. Brown Trout and Rainbow. X5 rainbows today.

DC721D6D-9B5D-472A-BEF5-9F49EEE92D4C.jpeg

Quite like a bit of fishing myself...used to have my own boat till about 7 years ago...great to see you can catch the bait Lenny...:)

my skate..jpg

• Like 2

Hello Norrie,

Great catch...Much bigger than Lennies, we are coming to your house for a BBQ......Get the beer out!

Best Wishes...Desert Rat

That's not a fish Lenny....Bet you have a magnet at the end of the line, as very near where you are they dumped 100's of unused sten guns in the lake, and you have got one!

Meanwhile,back at the ranch,the members post new threads.

I’ve already posted four!🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It would seem the Canucks are pulling ahead @Manu Della Valle A little bit of a Canadian Hockey joke imbedded in that phrase...I as well have added four new posts myself...

Regards Mark

Edited by Mark K
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Mark K said:

It would seem the Canucks are pulling ahead @Manu Della Valle A little bit of a Canadian Hockey joke imbedded in that phrase...I as well have added four new posts myself...

Regards Mark

😎😎

52 minutes ago, Manu Della Valle said:

Meanwhile,back at the ranch,the members post new threads.

I’ve already posted four!🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Haa, but while you were counting posts, forum has a brand new shiny live and kicking comm section ;)

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, val said:

Haa, but while you were counting posts, forum has a brand new shiny live and kicking comm section ;)

I was a-posting threads actually!🤗

Now I’ll take a look at the BNSLAKCS!🤩

• Like 1