Can we make a comeback?

Lenny

• Field Marshall

Facebook is getting a bit rubbish, I'm on a 30 day ban.. long story. :(

Also WAF is dying through neglect, maybe we should resurrect this forum?

• Like 2

I'm sick of FB. I'll try to pop on with new stuff here on the forum. At work now but will take some snap shots of the collection this weekend.  ☺️

• Like 3

• Field Marshall
Just now, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

I'm sick of FB. I'll try to pop on with new stuff here on the forum. At work now but will take some snap shots of the collection this weekend.  ☺️

Me too, my last banning was the final straw... I'm updating all the modules etc.... bugger the cost.

• Like 1

I agree Lenny, FB has its problems. Here in this forum we don't have to worry that someone will be banned for a nothing excuse.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
1 minute ago, Vincent said:

I agree Lenny, FB has its problems. Here in this forum we don't have to worry that someone will be banned for a nothing excuse.

Indeed, you can ppost swastikas or sell deacts, sell greandes, whatever.. ;)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Me too, my last banning was the final straw... I'm updating all the modules etc.... bugger the cost.

I'll try to help out with a contribution as soon as I can.  😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hi a Lenny I have been following along with the little saga on Facebook mate and I think you got the shaft as it were ...A friend and fellow collector in one of the helmet forums I help admin  just got banished for 30 days as well not positive about all the details but I here through the grapevine it was related to the sell of Third Reich Items ...I do not post much anymore on FB but keep a pretty advanced personal album of my helmet collection on my home page I for one would be willing to give the MCN another go..

Kind Regards Mark 

Edited by Mark K
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

Indeed, FB is great for banter, but no good for information, learning etc.

im still working on this forum, but I’m loving being back.

• Thanks 1

As I stated on the Lenny's post on FB, The WAF is absolutely dying!! I would almost say its criminal that this is happening since that forum has A LOT of paying subcribers. But OK. To be honest I think this could be a good moment to boost this forum. Its not going to be easy, but it makes a chance for sure! (When everybody put in some effort).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

Exactly, I’ll be fine tuning and tweaking for next few days.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Lenny said:

Facebook is getting a bit rubbish, I'm on a 30 day ban.. long story. :(

Also WAF is dying through neglect, maybe we should resurrect this forum?

Most of face book is taken up with  "Is this Real", "How Much is it Worth"  and you can spend hours doing other`s  work for them, So maybe a proper forum would work thats not a pack of yes men  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

• Major General

Didnt want to say 'Told ya so',but i have been harping on for months about Facebook banning the sites. I am amazed that the 'Grens and Ord' forum lasted this long. Yes,i am game for a comeback here,time permitting as can only seem to sort pictures from the office PC at the moment. I had an app link on my old phone and would love to have that back.

Edited by Waffenamt
always typos I need some specs
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
1 hour ago, Jamie Cross said:

Most of face book is taken up with  "Is this Real", "How Much is it Worth"  and you can spend hours doing other`s  work for them, So maybe a proper forum would work thats not a pack of yes men  

Fed up with FB banning historical discussions, swastikas and firearms. We policed ourselves, but FB just can’t let it lie...

my main issue with FB is any info just gets lost. It’s great for chat, but rubbish for learning.

• Field Marshall
1 hour ago, Waffenamt said:

Didnt want to say 'Told ya so',but i have been harping on for months about Facebook banning the sites. I am amazed that the 'Grens and Ord' forum lasted this long. Yes,i am game for a comeback here,time permitting as can only seem to sort pictures from the office PC at the moment. I had an app link on my old phone and would love to have that back.

I’m with you mate, but I got fed up with nobody contributing... you can lead a horse to water, but... yadda yadda...

ill show you how to use forum on phone, I’m doing it now.

• Like 2

• Field Marshall

@Jamie Cross I’m going to publish my Armourer columns here, you fancy doing the same? Obviously older articles with a nod to the mag. 😉

• Like 1

• Field Marshall
1 hour ago, Desert Rat said:

Great Replies from you all, I totally agree and with you All...!

Best to you.....IanB

Looks like you were holding the fort for us. Thanks for your patience. 👍🏼

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Lenny and all,

Been back from France just 2 odd weeks, not a bad time but had to get my Mum into a care home, mind you at 98 years old (and being a Scot) she keeps fighting and doing quite well, you all in Motherwell, Wishaw and Glasgow are strong uns...!!!........SCOTLAND THE BRAVE.....!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I for one am glad that a return to this forum is planned, I,ve felt like billy no mates for quite some time. As for the "Ban", I cannot for the life of me work out why??I look in on the War History Online forum, How those have managed to get by without being completely removed is a mystery, they openly encourage arguments, racist comments, allow obviously Neo Nazi ideals, etc, yet when you complain, there is absolutely zero done about it, yet FB must monitor there group, I ,ve even complained to FB about some of the comments, and according to them it does,nt infringe on their rules. If thats the case ,,what the bloody hell does!!!!!!!!!, Oh yea honest subjects and proper policing of a group. We are well shot of FB and lets get back to good old militaria in all its forms, and a proper policing moderation to stop any would be antagonists 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

@Lenny Hehehe I just read your comment on that WAF thread ''message to the Owner''.  Nice move on communicating about MCN 😁

• Like 2

• Field Marshall
23 minutes ago, EA-Militaria.nl said:

@Lenny Hehehe I just read your comment on that WAF thread ''message to the Owner''.  Nice move on communicating about MCN 😁

I offered to help, but he's not interested... shame, but hey ho... I run the MCN not for profit, WAF makes HUGE profits...

• Like 2

Here I am....screw Fabesuck and all that jazz!Problem is, I wanted to sell my collection but now I'm seriously reconsidering that:D:D:D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1