Morris c8 1944

johann mor

Morning All,

I started posting this on WAF but due to the problems there I decided life was too short so.....

I bought the Morris from a sale in 2016 I think but didn't really do much to it as I had a Chevrolet CMP that I was restoring and I had started the Panzer 2, more of that on a separate thread. In July of this year, 2018, I got to a point with the PZ2 that I needed further dimensions from the tank museum Bovington and knowing that I wouldn't be making the trip until mid August, I decided to start on the Morris. I have given myself until the end of September to get as much done as possible and then its back to the PZ. I will post in several stages as there's quite a lot of work that's been completed.

Although the vehicle looks quite good there's a lot of rust in the body work, the engines seized, and  it requires a complete rebuild. I will let the pictures tell the story but any questions please ask.

Jon

DSC04799.JPG

DSC04787.JPG

DSC04785.JPG

DSC04778.JPG

DSC04777.JPG

DSC04757.JPG

DSC04742.JPG

DSC04736.JPG

DSC04730.JPG

DSC04731.JPG

DSC04729.JPG

DSC02324.JPG

DSC02323.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyway without boring you too much everting is in need of repair, even the steering wheel. Jump forward two months and this is roughly where I was two weeks ago.

Jon

DSC05194.JPG

DSC05193.JPG

DSC05192.JPG

DSC05176.JPG

DSC04974.JPG

DSC05174.JPG

DSC04973.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Johann,

Thanks for the images...you are doing a superb job on this worthy truck. I commend you for all the time, money and effort you have devoted to this project, it will look fantastic when finished...Good Luck and thanks for the images that you've shown us on MCN.

Best Wishes...Desert Rat/ Ian

Hello Ian,

Thanks for your comments, It certainly takes a lot of time and if I had to pay someone to do the work I wouldn't have even contemplated starting it. As you rightly said it will be nice when its finished. This is it as of last night 23 sept 2018, I will be a bit stuck for a while putting the rest of the front together as I need the engine back from the machinists so that I can rebuild it but I have started the rear tub, so I wont get bored.

Regards,

Jon

DSC05231.JPG

DSC05229.JPG

DSC05230.JPG

Edited by johann mor
picture didnt load
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Many Thanks Johann,

They are super images and a great truck to re-build....Well Done!

Look forward to seeing the end result.

Best to you...Desert Rat/ Ian

Well said Val,

A superb mark of determination, effort, time and money to get this wonderful machine up to display status. I had all the same building my Harley-Davidson from nothing to a great Chop.....Let's see the images when finished, it will look Great!

Thanks to you ...Desert Rat/ Ian

970921_10151708661448939_2078513835_n.jpg