ID

val

Let's ID everything on this picture.

She seems to be helferin with teletype operator insignia.

There's stationsuhr and teleprinter, it's close to Lorenz T36,

but holes doesn't match.

helferin.jpg

Between the clock and the lamp is a Fernschaltgerät. Sadly I didn`t knew which type. It`s none Fernschaltgerät 38.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Telegraphentruppe said:

Between the clock and the lamp is a Fernschaltgerät. Sadly I didn`t knew which type. It`s none Fernschaltgerät 38.

I see there's logo and company name in the front of that Fernschaltgerät - i guess it's Siemens?

Aah, yes now I saw it too. Yes look like Siemenens. I knew this devices postwar made with dialer (see pic). This one should be the precursor from them. 

Download.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Telegraphentruppe said:

Aah, yes now I saw it too. Yes look like Siemenens. I knew this devices postwar made with dialer (see pic). This one should be the precursor from them. 

Thank you! It would be interesting to ID that Fernschaltgerät and the teletype too.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, val said:

Thank you! It would be interesting to ID that Fernschaltgerät and the teletype too.

The teletype should be a Lorenz. Perhaps a Lo15, but I found no pics from the left side :(

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Telegraphentruppe said:

The teletype should be a Lorenz. Perhaps a Lo15, but I found no pics from the left side :(

Unfortunately Lorenz blattschreiber Lo15 looks different :(

blattschreiber.jpg

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Telegraphentruppe said:

You`re right in the meantime I found a pic. But I believe in a Lorenz type.

Thank you. Yes, Lorenz Springschreiber T36 Lo has 4 round holes in left side, so it must be a close relative...

• Thanks 1

Perhaps it is no T36 Lo(chschreiber). This is nearly sure, I saw no roll on the side but a another T 36 type like a Blattschreiber or similar.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Telegraphentruppe said:

Perhaps it is no T36 Lo(chschreiber).

Does Lo mean Lochschreiber? I was under the impression that Lo and Si means Lorenz and Siemens?

IMG_1992.jpg

Sorry, my default. You`re right Lo means Lorenz and not Lochschreiber. I should thinking before I write something, sorry again. It`s late.

But my guess stays :) Another modell of the T36. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Telegraphentruppe said:

Sorry, my default. You`re right Lo means Lorenz and not Lochschreiber. I should thinking before I write something, sorry again. It`s late.

But my guess stays :) Another modell of the T36. 

No problem, this is learning point for me too, i know yet little about German teleprinters, but want to learn more. If you happen to have copies of German ww2 teleprinter manuals, post them here. Also i want to know the relations between different T designations - as you see from above typeshield, there's two T designations - T38 and T34. The same thing is here: T34 and T41 at the same time.

https://picclick.de/Original-1941-SIEMENS-T34-SPRINGSCHREIBER-T41-wk2-handbuch-273331413171.html

ps. and don't worry about mistakes, we can edit them out, only say so :)

20 hours ago, Telegraphentruppe said:

I found the similar Siemens - logo and manufacturer is exactly at the same place, this one only has dialer too...

http://old.fernschreibamt-hausneindorf.de/html/allstrom-fsg.html

Teleprinter normally not my playground. I collect wired speaking stuff (mainly germanWW I) and so my knowledge is tiny. But I learned that they were some different types: Lochschreiber, Blattschreiber and Springschreiber and perhaps some more. Until now I only knew the Lochschreiber the others are new for me. But how you write we want to learn more :)

About the Fernschaltgerät.

I thought we can say it is an early Fernschaltgerät 39. Made sense, the 39 said us, that the first models from the 40`s. 

Edited by Telegraphentruppe
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Telegraphentruppe said:

Teleprinter normally not my playground. I collect wired speaking stuff (mainly germanWW I) and so my knowledge is tiny. But I learned that they were some different types: Lochschreiber, Blattschreiber and Springschreiber and perhaps some more. Until now I only knew the Lochschreiber the others are new for me. But how you write we want to learn more :)

There's one name more : Streifenschreiber.

But yes, teletypes are interesting things, they are precursor to the text mode communication we have today over the internet and in mobile phones. Abbrevs like CU L8R (see you later) were first used by teletype operators :)

Top, very good detective work.

One Riddle solved. But why stand on the plate Ttyp 34 ? But the one on the pics is the one on the foto. Now we need the type of the Fernschaltgerät.