Sammler 2B38 awakened to new life

Alperator

The power supply for the Torn. E. b is done by a collector 2B38. Since these batteries don't supply electricity after almost 80 years, I converted it to a new rechargeable battery.

The collector is cut open from behind with a fine saw, the lead plates with connections are cut out, cleaned and the new battery is connected with the old connections.

The new battery (2 Volt 10 Ah) is charged via the connections + and - from the collector 2B38 with a standard charger.

greetings
http://der-fernmelder.de/

IMG_2158.JPG

IMG_2157.JPG

IMG_2156.JPG

IMG_2155.JPG

IMG_2154.JPG

IMG_2151.JPG

IMG_2150.JPG

IMG_2149.JPG

IMG_2148.JPG

IMG_2147.JPG

IMG_2146.JPG

IMG_2145.JPG

IMG_2144.JPG

IMG_2142.JPG

IMG_2143.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Alperator said:

The power supply for the Torn. E. b is done by a collector 2B38. Since these batteries don't supply electricity after almost 80 years, I converted it to a new rechargeable battery.

The collector is cut open from behind with a fine saw, the lead plates with connections are cut out, cleaned and the new battery is connected with the old connections.

The new battery (2 Volt 10 Ah) is charged via the connections + and - from the collector 2B38 with a standard charger.

Interesting approach. Have you tested how long your Torn.E.b works with this battery?

Long-term test is still pending, I charge the battery fully and test the runtime.

• Thanks 1