SF used Protec Bump Helmet

Mark K

I was very happy to receive this Protec Bump Helmet that is said to have been SF used as part of a grouping that I purchased last year from an advanced US collector..
Protec Bump helmets were used by US Special Forces ,Delta and Navy Seals for many years and saw extensive service in Mogadishu, Panama and during the first Gulf War and can be seen in period images being used in this configuration with the black liner shown in this example and a water friendly white foam liner as well...
There was also cut down version and the ear protectors were removed ...
The cut down version can be seen being used in the film Black Hawk Down by the Delta team members... and This of course is the full uncut version and it has been over painted in desert tans and shows extensive use with abrasions scrapes and scuffs to the exterior of the helmet body just the way I like them used and not abused...

Regards Mark

P1080320.JPG

P1080319.JPG

P1080318.JPG

P1080317.JPG

P1080316.JPG

P1080315.JPG

P1080314.JPG

P1080321.JPG

P1080323.JPG

P1080322.JPG

• Thanks 1

Hello Mark,

Nice images of this modern helmet, I am sure it has saved many lives considering what they had to wear during WW1   !

Best to you....Desert Rat. Ian

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Hello Mark,

I hope you had a good Xmas and New Year, haven't seen you on here for a while.....so I hope is all well with you.

Best wishes for 2019.......Desert Rat/ Ian

Hey Ian I hope you are well Christmas was good spent it with the family and now we are back at it ...

Regards Mark 

• Thanks 1

Hello Mark,

Yeh all gone and past in a flash, now back to the grindstone, just looking forward the the summer hols...even the sunshine will be welcome!

Very Best Wishes to you and all your family (time for some more images from your collection)

Desert Rat/ Ian

• Upvote 1

Cheers Ian just posted up a nice Theatre Worn US Advanced Combat Helmet in the USA helmet section of the forum..

Regards Mark

• Thanks 1