Dennis Pierce

I don't think myself as a collector per say. More like a caretaker. Most of my stuff has been found items or small purchases at sales where the person either has no knowledge of what they have. I see history that is being forgotten by all but a few. I guess that is in the grand scheme of those who strive to re-write the past. My prize is a IJN torpedo gyroscope and prop  that a ww2 sailor brought home . His family was sending him to a nursing home and I was called to haul away unwanted items. He told his son he wanted him to keep it,but the son said he didn't want any junk. That probably took another 10 years off his life. Mad,he ask me if I was a vet. And offered it to me.I saw how much it meant to him . Clearly his days aboard the USS Baltimore fearing Japan torps. was still in his mind. Other items I keep for the practibility. My 10 buck squad stove is used regularly as is wool sleeping bag. Some things I can't pass up ,need or not. That's how I got my m1c helmet recently. Heads up-That will probably get posted for sale on site in future. I'm 56 years old and hail from Xenia,Ohio. Served as Combat Engineer in US Army  Currently Commercial Truck Driver. I enjoy all history about armed conflicts. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Hello Den,

Welcome to MCN, I am not a real collector, but buy and sell what I have. If you have some good items please show us on MCN....We all look forward to seeing them.

Thanks & Best Wishes...Desert Rat

• 2 weeks later...
  • Field Marshall
On 09/10/2018 at 01:47, Dennis Pierce said:

I don't think myself as a collector per say. More like a caretaker. Most of my stuff has been found items or small purchases at sales where the person either has no knowledge of what they have. I see history that is being forgotten by all but a few. I guess that is in the grand scheme of those who strive to re-write the past. My prize is a IJN torpedo gyroscope and prop  that a ww2 sailor brought home . His family was sending him to a nursing home and I was called to haul away unwanted items. He told his son he wanted him to keep it,but the son said he didn't want any junk. That probably took another 10 years off his life. Mad,he ask me if I was a vet. And offered it to me.I saw how much it meant to him . Clearly his days aboard the USS Baltimore fearing Japan torps. was still in his mind. Other items I keep for the practibility. My 10 buck squad stove is used regularly as is wool sleeping bag. Some things I can't pass up ,need or not. That's how I got my m1c helmet recently. Heads up-That will probably get posted for sale on site in future. I'm 56 years old and hail from Xenia,Ohio. Served as Combat Engineer in US Army  Currently Commercial Truck Driver. I enjoy all history about armed conflicts. 

Welcome to the MCN :)

• Thanks 1

• Major General

Good to see another collector/historian/custodian of history here! Be interested to see what you’ve got too!

• Like 2

Hello Bil,

Yes it's great to see so many come and join MCN....and see all their collectibles items, it's opened up a Militaria World of Knowledge for us all...!

Get you collection items on here Bil....we look forward to seeing them!

Best to you....Desert Rat/ Ian

• Like 1