WW2 German Bootknife.

Norrie

Got this earlier this year through a guy that does house clearances....I was worried it was a repro, BUT after some great advice from the guys on various FB pages, decided to make an offer on it. I did explain to him that I was scared it WAS a repro....and he was great...he offered it to me for £20 as he said it was "just" an old hunting knife.......BUT, I felt it was worth more.... he was more than happy with my offer  and happily accepted it.......The seller found it stuck into the workbench in an old garden shed he was tasked to clear...:) He did'nt even know if the scabbard was meant for the knife.,..its nice and tight in there too.

I now have a great contact for any other militaria items...

A WW2 German Boot Knife....one of the top items in my ever expanding knife/bayo collection...:)

20170921_160045.jpg

20170921_160101.jpg

20170921_155946.jpg

20170921_160107.jpg

20170921_160156.jpg

20170921_160212.jpg

20170921_160225.jpg

20170921_160017.jpg

Well I have to say that you are a jammy bugger, I had one of these a long time ago, they are not cheap, certainly not £20 , so you did well

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davejb said:

Well I have to say that you are a jammy bugger, I had one of these a long time ago, they are not cheap, certainly not £20 , so you did well

Thanks Dave....I have been seriously lucky since starting to collect militaria......no idea why....more than likely because of the great knowledgeable folks that have been advising me...I did pay a good bit more than £20 for it...but, still cheap, and the seller was happy, and I was worried about it being a repro...so, took a leap of faith on the advice I had gotten...:)

I also got a Mk5 Jungle carbine bayo from a contact of the seller at a car boot sale...very cheap and in fantastic condition...will put up a pic or two when I get home...:)

Edited by Norrie
  • Like 1