HELP....WW2 GERMAN HELMET---DECALS?

Desert Rat

Hello,

I have just bought this WW2 German Helmet..but I cannot find what decal / insignia is on the left hand side, it looks like an eagle with a type of scroll with letters at the base. I just cannot find who would have used this helmet with that type of decal. The right hand side looks the typical decal as used in most / WW2 German Helmets?

Also, can you please confirm the type of helmet, inside is stamped in the helmet  - as in the image 

Please Help...!!!

Many Thanks in Advance.....Desert Rat

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

I dont know what you paid for this mate but its not a WW2 German helmet, I think its Bulgarian, If someone,s told you its German then get your money back, everything is wrong about it being German, look at the Helmet section on here, theres plenty  of originals to compare, I think the decals are fake as well

• Thanks 1

Hello Dave,

Very grateful for your reply and it seems this helmet  could be Bulgarian? I have looked on Google and found some helmets like you say but I can't tell the bloody difference?

I paid a mate (?) £50...so not so bad, but I will have to re-sell it again and hope to get my money back.

Do you think the wire and barbed wire on this are original by any chance?.....What would you say it is worth?

Best to you...& Thanks....Ian

• Major General

Everything about this Bulgarian helmet shouts ‘fake’ from the overpaint to the decals....ask yourself why on earth anyone would put BARBED wire around a tin hat??? And why put fake German decals on a Bulgarian helmet anyway? Some ‘mate’, get your money back cos no-one in their right mind would buy this garbage off you mate....and invest the cash in some reading material!😂

• Thanks 1

Hello Bil,

Yes you and Davejb are correct, although I only paid £50...this helmet is not right at all, and as you say...who would put barbed wire around it....A bloody madman!

I will ask him for my money back, and check next time with you and Dave about the item, there are plenty to choose from, but as he convinced me it was all original...I fell for the story.

Many Thanks for your reply

Best to you .....Ian/ Desert Rat

• Like 1

Thanks for the info and link Norrie,

Very interesting and useful not only for me but many who collect helmets.

Best to you...Ian