1851/1860 colt in .44 Black Powder

Afrikakorpsrat64

Anyone else enjoy shooting Black powder and conversion pistols and rifles? This one is a bit custom, (all parts are Pietta made)has the 1851 style Navy type octagon barrel but in .44, Army grips and back strap. Case hardened frame and Army .44 cylinder. I have a .45 colt long  Howell conversion cylinder on the way, will be able to fire brass cased, lead bullet .45 colt long cowboy ammo as opposed to the cap and ball. They are a lot of fun to shoot, and the way jobby is going in California with gun control bs, i'm glad to have it.

20181222_132550.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Tony,

No I have never shot a black powder gun but I have seen some members of our gun club fire them (years ago) a big puff of nice smelling powder, then a bang that makes your ears ring....wonderful!...your one really looks good, a lovely looking gun.

Thanks for showing us.

Best to you.....Ian

Hello Tony,

Hope you had a great festive season...now it's time to show us more of your super items, I look forward to seeing them.

Best to you and Best Wishes....Ian/ Desert Rat

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/12/2018 at 09:41, Desert Rat said:

Hello Tony,

Hope you had a great festive season...now it's time to show us more of your super items, I look forward to seeing them.

Best to you and Best Wishes....Ian/ Desert Rat

Happy new year Ian/ @Desert Ratbeen going through a rough patch lately.  New Year starting out rocky! No money for collecting!  I will try to put some things up this weekend.  So stay tuned!  

• Thanks 1

Hello Tony,

I do hope sincerely....A Happy New Year in 2019 for You and All Your Family.

Very sorry to are having a bad time, I do hope soon that all will be better for you.....You know I send My Best Wishes.

Look forward, when you can to send some more of your great collection images.

Take Care..Very Best....Ian/ Desert Rat