My dad's collection

Ven9eance

My dad recently passed away and I have a few friends wanting to buy his WW2 collection. I don't have any idea what it's all worth and really curious as he collected for years and spent a lot on it. Been doing my own research online trying to piece together prices on a few things but not sure if the prices are even close as I don't know anything about this stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xtdMSAUif5e9sTv67

• Thanks 1

Hello Ven,

So very sorry to hear of you losing your Dear Dad.....My thoughts are with you and Your Family. I lost my Dad in 1973 aged 53, after his war years in the Western Desert, through Sicily, across to Salerno, up into Italy then all he 8th Army recalled back to the UK...to prepare for Normandy, my Dad landed on Sword Beach in the afternoon on the 6th June, 1944, fought through France, Belgium, Holland into Germany with Monts 21st Army Group...then the War finished, he and all those left came back home...He is still My Hero...!!!

I will have  look at your items later..But in sincere Remembrance of your Dad.

Best Wishes....Desert Rat

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Hello Ven,

So very sorry to hear of you losing your Dear Dad.....My thoughts are with you and Your Family. I lost my Dad in 1973 aged 53, after his war years in the Western Desert, through Sicily, across to Salerno, up into Italy then all he 8th Army recalled back to the UK...to prepare for Normandy, my Dad landed on Sword Beach in the afternoon on the 6th June, 1944, fought through France, Belgium, Holland into Germany with Monts 21st Army Group...then the War finished, he and all those left came back home...He is still My Hero...!!!

I will have  look at your items later..But in sincere Remembrance of your Dad.

Best Wishes....Desert Rat

Wow that's quite the story! Thanks. As far as my dad's collection, I am very curious about the guns (mp40, handgun, and other machine gun) because I've been doing some research and found some stories of people selling their deacts a year ago for around $2000 pounds. So that would be a little over $3000 CAD for me since I live in Canada. Also I really want to be aware of any of the big ticket items, like I believe the black SS dagger is worth a good amount, as well as the german gold cross? Those are the only things I remember my dad saying are worth a good amount, could be some more medals that go for high price but I'm not sure. Thanks!

• Like 1

Hello Ven

Good to hear from you, at least your Dad left you some good priced items, can you add some images to to MCN then we can have a look.

An MP40-machine gun, in the UK is going for about £3, 000 depending on condition etc( I was just offered one a month ago deact for £3, 500). The SS dagger must make ( I am not really sure) but at least £1, 500? has it got the scabbard?. The Gold Iron cross (if in a box even more money) possibly £300+....Let's us see some images and and markings on them and someone on here will try and help you.

Very Best Wishes...Desert Rat/ Ian

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

Hello Ven,

Is the link you sent (Thank You) the items your Dad has got...WOW! and Magnificent!!!

Are you selling any of these as I could be interested in some?

The Kriegmarine cap for example.

They certainly are Superb!

Please message me

Very Best to You....Desert Rat/ Ian

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

3 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Hello Ven,

Is the link you sent (Thank You) the items your Dad has got...WOW! and Magnificent!!!

Are you selling any of these as I could be interested in some?

The Kriegmarine cap for example.

They certainly are Superb!

Please message me

Very Best to You....Desert Rat/ Ian

A close friend who was my dad's ww2 collecting buddy has first dibs on the collection and he wants to take the whole lot. We are just trying to figure out the cost of everything. If you request more pics on certain items, let me know and I can add them. Thanks for the info!

• Thanks 1

Hello Ven,

Thanks for your reply, as least as a close friend he will keep the items from your Dad. I just wanted to know about the Kriegsmarine cap and if you can send me the four odd images and the price including postage to me in the UK. As all of us a bit short of money, but I would be pleased to own this item from you Dad.

I, do hope you get a very good price, I cannot add it all up but in the region of £5, 000...£8, 000.+++

Very Best Wishes to you & your family....Desert Rat/ Ian

ianbrid@hotmail.com