Fu 100 box - what was it for?

kriegsfunker

The Fu100 was used to store the antenna cable for the "Stabhochantenne", it was used in the Kfz16 Messtruppkraftwagen.

regards,

Funksammler

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Funksammler said:

The Fu100 was used to store the antenna cable for the "Stabhochantenne", it was used in the Kfz16 Messtruppkraftwagen.

regards,

Funksammler

What were the details of that configuration?

The antenna was for the 20 W.S.b sound ranging transmitter. By the looks of it Emig also has a number of the radials for the "Stabhochantenne b" on offer. It had 2.4 long radials and antenna rod instead of the 1.4 meter one shown on my pictures.

Please let me know which items on his site feature these radials - I may want to get them.

Thank you.

@Funksammler, was there any standard on eierkette isolator count? I have

seen 3 and 4 isolator versions. Or did different setups use different eierkettes?

3 hours ago, kriegsfunker said:

Please let me know which items on his site feature these radials - I may want to get them.

Thank you.

Here is one: https://www.kpemig.de/Fernsprechtechnik-fuer-den-Truppengebrauch-1938_7 If you search you will find another two plus some broken bits to make a fourth.

regards,

Funksammler

1 hour ago, val said:

@Funksammler, was there any standard on eierkette isolator count? I have

seen 3 and 4 isolator versions. Or did different setups use different eierkettes?

Different requirements for different power transmitters. Up to 100 W.S. they used three insulators. For the 1000 and 1500 watt transmitter they used 6 insulators! 

regards,

Funksammler

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Funksammler said:

Different requirements for different power transmitters. Up to 100 W.S. they used three insulators. For the 1000 and 1500 watt transmitter they used 6 insulators! 

Thanks. Are those rules written in some manual?

45 minutes ago, val said:

Thanks. Are those rules written in some manual?

Not in a single manual, although there are some hints in the Antenna manual D1034. To confirm the details requires the study of the many different equipment manuals for the different types of "Funktrupps".

regards,

Funksammler

• Thanks 1