Funding shortfall

Lenny

• Field Marshall

Afraid we haven't seen an increase in activity, sigh...

Also, we have only raised 31% of the money to cover the cost of the forum. The software licences need renewed every 6 months as well as the monthly hosting costs.

I can't justify continuing to pay the licences if not enough people are chipping in. If we don't keep the licences up to date then the security of the forum falls behind..

Thanks to those who have donated, but if anyone else feels like chipping in,

https://www.militariacollectors.network/donations/donate-to-the-mcn/

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello to you ALL at MCN,

We have all reaped the benefits of this super website and Lenny and the team have proved their worth time and time again, as well as the other staff who contribute so much time for the enjoyment we receive.....!!!

PLEASE everyone just make a small donation as it does cost a small fortune to host websites, I am sure you all know that!

If you can only afford a few quid even a £5 that all of us can afford.....PLEASE DONATE ...and show your appreciation for what we have and what we get from MCN...!!!

Desert Rat (Yes I have made a small donation)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
5 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Hello to you ALL at MCN,

We have all reaped the benefits of this super website and Lenny and the team have proved their worth time and time again, as well as the other staff who contribute so much time for the enjoyment we receive.....!!!

PLEASE everyone just make a small donation as it does cost a small fortune to host websites, I am sure you all know that!

If you can only afford a few quid even a £5 that all of us can afford.....PLEASE DONATE ...and show your appreciation for what we have and what we get from MCN...!!!

Desert Rat (Yes I have made a small donation)

Thanks mate, but I fear that web forums are dying... people just get so lazy. myself included, FB groups are just so easy and convenient.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

That puts me in a very awkward place. I've been inviting people here, if this place is soon

shutted down, seems like i have betrayed people. I should stop inviting people.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Val,

Yes same as me I have invited a few people and they joined...but I think they were expecting much more (what bloody more do they want for FREE...???) 

Anyway we have all tried and will still do our best to support Lenny and his team, I wish some on here would realise that they won't find another Great website like like this anywhere! So surely they can all afford a £5...Less than a packet of fags, nearly a pint of good beer in some places......aaaarrrggggggghhhhhhhh

Best to you...Let's keep hoping..!

Desert Rat/ Ian

• Like 1

• Major General

Was bashing my head on the wall last year by trying to get folks to join up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That's very generous Waff,

I could only do half that, but it all helps. If every member gave at least a bloody fiver...that would certainly help a lot!

1, 475 members? X £5 + £7, 250 ish...(If it happens we will get a postcard from Lenny------

"Thank you boys for your kind donations, I am in the Bahamas for a rest....... I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE NOT ALL HERE AAAAAAAARGGGGGGH  PEACE AND QUIET)......Where's that Bloody waiter, I want a cold beer?"

Lenny deserves it for us to help out for all his time, effort and expenses.

Best to you ....Desert Rat/ Ian

1.jpg

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I've about had my fill of FaceBook, I am currently on a self inflicted Hiatus from that jobby hole. @Lenny I will be making my annual donation on the 31st. We have enough members now to keep this bird in the air. LETS DO IT Guy's and Gals! (Do we have any ladies among us?) ....anyway I dont want to see this forum end. So lets get donating! I'm still pressing some friends to join. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great One Tony,

It is the best website to make friends from long away, but to sell, get info, enjoy especially everyone's items from their superb collections etc etc etc.....!!

I hope we can keep it all going....where am I gonna go without MCN....Never on Facebooollx.

Best to you.....Ian