Weekend round up

Afrikakorpsrat64

This is one of the things I love to do when not play'n around with the militaria. The engine and some of the cars are from a 1952 Lionel set, a friend sent me this for Christmas to re spark my interest in Model trains. I have a lot of the smaller stuff, but I now have a new love for the big boys. My first train was an O scale Lionel like this one(back in 1969). And Im enjoying running this one while sipping my Guinness! Cheers and good weekend to you all.

• Thanks 1

Super railway set-up Tony,

Better with the Guiness as well, I had a similar one when I was a boy but gradually got fed up with it, guess I wanted more excitement like a push bike/ which my Dad bought me for Christmas when I was 12, then a few weeks later I went and painted it a different colour....My Dad was furious with me, but he was a good Dad and understood my stupidity ....Never my Mum though!!!

Yes, great the old train sets were and you can make them travel through tunnels, mountains, stations etc etc etc...never ending..... and across the carpet...?

Best to you...Ian

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Like 1

Just now, Desert Rat said:

Super railway set-up Tony,

Better with the Guiness as well, I have a similar one when I was a boy but gradually got fed up with it, guess I wanted more excitement like a push bike/ which my Dad bought me for Christmas when I was 12, then a few weeks later I went and painted it a different colour....My Dad was furious with me, but he was a good Dad and understood my stupidity ....Never my Mum though!!!

Yes, great the old train sets were and you can make them travel through tunnels, mountains, stations etc etc etc...never ending..... and across the carpet...?

Best to you...Ian

I hope to make a small bit a scenery and such at some point. Dont have much room to expand it so gotta be happy with what I got.lol 

• Like 1

Just a thought Tony,

What about a train and carriages travelling from the depot to near the front line - across craters (all made with paper-mache) enemy all around, shell fire, smoke, bomb sounds, machine-gun fire with model guns and artillery...could be a great display?

Or maybe on a 10foot x 6foot piece of ply, it can be diverted to the different areas of conflict....Dont forget the Officers mess for the food to be delivered...(The greedy, Lucky, bastards)

Hope we can see it, if you do it.

Good Luck and Best to you...Ian

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Just a thought Tony,

What about a train and carriages travelling from the depot to near the front line - across craters (all made with paper-mache) enemy all around, shell fire, smoke, bomb sounds, machine-gun fire with model guns and artillery...could be a great display?

Hope we can see it, if you do it.

Good Luck and Best to you...Ian

Had not thought of that, there are Engines out there for different Country's including the UK and Europe. European Carriages etc Had a Different wheel set up and coupler system than the USA but I would love to set up some Rail way engines and cars from different countries. Cheers Ian! 

• Like 1

How about these x2 images Tony,

They would make a really great set-up....From depot to front line (plastic soldiers, guns, flame throwers, grenades etc) or one set-up in the desert?

Look forward to seeing this in action sometime....Well Done!

Best Wishes...Ian

2012_07070062.jpg

imagesONBDYJPX.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Tony,

Waiting with anticipation of your new Desert Train Layout.....Hopefully see when finished.

I suppose you can add the sounds pretty easily with a CD ..so that it all links in correctly with ...eg....a train gets blown up?

Well, if I was that much of an great enthusiast I would design a layout with the French Resistance.....H.Q. Radios, messages, action, sten guns, firing, explosions, trains derailed, crashing, enemy troops and FFI firing, telegraph pole blown up....Bloody Hell, that would be a great set-up especially with the soundtrack etc.

Hope to see you trains and scenery soon (well when you can)

Very Best to you...Ian