Tretmaschinensatz TM5a1 mounted on a Tretgestell TG Fu.a

Fritze Knieriemen

A couple of month back, I was happy to get my hands on this pedal generator setup such as been used with 5WS (5 Watts Transmitter). 

34968955wg.jpeg

34968956ab.jpeg

34968958rr.jpeg

certain little details been missing but due to heavy investigations and the help of some friends, I was able to complete the set. 

34969094hh.jpeg

34969095cm.jpeg

34969096ki.jpeg

34969097hl.jpeg

34969099xc.jpeg

34969100qm.jpeg

Edited by Fritze Knieriemen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That machine is absolutely Superb,

Well Done in finding it, and what a great item for a collection!

Where on earth where would you find one today?.....Very Rare!

Brilliant and thanks for showing us on MCN.

Best to you....Desert Rat/ Ian

There was a big lot coming in at KP Emig and he sent a sneak preview around by email... on first pic, somewhere in the corner, folded, half  hidden.... I was the first one reacting I assume - drove there next day and bought it. In the meantime I have another bike generator type - actually generator is the same, but the TM Satz (bike) is different (will come up soon with pics). 

What I’m looking for is the TM15 (15Watts Generator)....

btw - in case you want to browse Emig’s Website, here you go: https://www.kpemig.de/

• Thanks 1

Hello To You All,

I visited this radar station and dishes with the truck in Normandy some years ago, it is about 5 - 10 kms inland not far from the Merville Battery, inland in a secret location (sort of)

I have no idea what the actual truck is for unless to intercept British & American fighters and bomber?

Thought it may interest you?

Best to you all....Desert Rat/ Ian

IMGP3758.JPG

IMGP3760.JPG

IMGP3757.JPG

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Fritze Knieriemen said:

Do you have it??????????? 

Unfortunately no - this is from German D manuals war time catalog...but now you know the number to hunt - 979/19

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Hello To You All,

I visited this radar station and dishes with the truck in Normandy some years ago, it is about 5 - 10 kms inland not far from the Merville Battery, inland in a secret location (sort of)

I have no idea what the actual truck is for unless to intercept British & American fighters and bomber?

Thought it may interest you?

Best to you all....Desert Rat/ Ian

IMGP3758.JPG

IMGP3760.JPG

IMGP3757.JPG

The truck and the smaller antenna are US type radar equipment, the truck was actually used by the French army after the war. They are just fillers and have little to do with the original equipment during the war. The only original piece of German radar equipment at Douvre la Delivrande is the "Würzburg Riese" antenna. As a typical "Himmelbett Stellung" to guide night fighters onto their targets, the site would originally have two "Würzburg Riese" radars and a "Freya" radar. 

• Thanks 2

Very nice Tretgestell, but I think it was mainly used with the 15 W.S.E.a/b pedal generator. There are two other types of "Bicycle frames" supplied by Telefunken for the generator of the 5 W.S., one portable, the other vehicle based. The vehicle base frame is the one most commonly encountered or seen on period photographs. The only reference to the TG(Fu)a I have been able to find in period documentation to date is in the description of the "Kleiner Funktrupp f", which used the 15 W.S.a/b.

regards,

Funksammler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not unlikely Funksammler, not at all as fixing the TM5A1 to the TG(Fu)a was not that obvious... still searching for the TM15 😬

Yes, the TM15 does not come along very often. You will also need and E.W.f/f1 The Tretgenerator was connected to the radio via this box:

DSC00026.thumb.JPG.330fd7ca498d861cb43f2d71a2f33cbd.JPG

regards,

Funksammler

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, val said:

For a start - any good pictures of TM15?

Unfortunately not 

@Funksammler... 

finally I found a magazine which documents the TG(Fu)a along with the TM5A1 

35002695of.png

35002696mg.png

35002697jk.png

35002698xb.png

35002699nu.png

source of pictures: 

https://www.radiomuseum.org/forumdata/users/15752/RADIOBOTE/Hefte/RB_2007_11_rev06_1_V.pdf

At least an evidence of the combination 😉 

Doesn’t solve my demand on the TM15 😄 ... 

anyway - have another project pending... b1....... 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Look what the cat brought in.... unfortunately not complete, but a good start 😁

IMG_0682[1].JPG

• Like 1

Unusual item, we had a hand generator for the PRC320 on CES.

Rich

• 8 months later...

Hello everyone, l am looking for the dimensions of the handlebars of the bike frame of the TM5a1.

Thank you