Torn.Fu.d2 Playing in The Garden

kriegsfunker

Funksammler,

Back on Wehrmacht Awards, you posted a series called "Torn.Fu.d2 Playing in The Garden".   Could you please post that set of photos again?   I am especially interested in your "tent-pole" antenna configuration.

And please post detailed photos of the antenna cable.

I can't remember exactly which photographs I used in the WAF thread, so I will post the ones showing the "Abgesetzte Antenne".

regards,

Funksammler

DSC01231.JPG

DSC01232.JPG

DSC01233.JPG

DSC01234.JPG

DSC01235.JPG

DSC01236.JPG

DSC01237.JPG

DSC01238.JPG

DSC01239.JPG

DSC01240.JPG

DSC01247.JPG

DSC01248.JPG

DSC01249.JPG

DSC01250.JPG

DSC01251.JPG

DSC01253.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Excellent!  Thank you FS.   The connector that goes to the antenna has two wires coming from it:  one antenna and one ground.  What is the detail of the one which connects to ground?  How does it attach to the main cable body?

The antenna connector has a female socket for the antenna wire plus a wire connected to the housing for the counterpoise. The housing has a lug on the side through which the cable is passed. A small screw fixes the cable onto the housing The connector housing connects to the screen of the coaxial cable. The counterpoise cable has a male plug on it which is plugged into the base of the antenna. The base of the antenna in term connects the counterpoise to the four radials attached to the antenna base.

DSC02182.JPG

DSC02183.JPG

DSC02181.JPG

• Thanks 2

Thank you again.  So how does the counterpoise wire attach to the cable housing?  You said there was a screw.   I have two of these cables, and I can't find the screw there.

I had another look; you are right, no screw. The wire is soldered into a sleeve, which has been pressed through the hole in the housing.

regards,

Funksammler

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have several of these banana plugs that they don't need and want to sell?