Testing Testing....

Lenny

• Field Marshall

Awrighty folks,

I'll be honest, lost my buzz for militaria for a while after dealing with some ham-shankers. Also a bit down that hardly anyone wants to use the web forum anymore. I much prefer the web forum, but FB groups are SOOOO easy and convenient on a mobile phone.

WAF is still falling over every now and again, yet still people pay their subscriptions. The owner of WAF is not interested in fixing it or investing any of the money he makes in fixing it, whereas I try my best to keep this forum up to date, latest edition of the software, the best web hosting money can buy and the best features anywhere, like secure image hosting on Amazon S3 servers etc. etc.

The MCN is free, although I do ask for donations, we are currently at 88% of our target. I pay this out of my own pocket folks, and it's not cheap.

https://www.militariacollectors.network/donations/donate-to-the-mcn/

I wonder why I bother? Well I do it because I've done it for over 20 years, the MCN is my baby and I'm proud of the friends I've made on it, as well as the knowledge I've gained on it. It deserves to live on, so it will. Even if donations fall to zero, I'll make sure it stays...

What can you do? Well, you can take part, contribute, tell your friends, upload great pics and great posts...

Onwards and upwards folks. ;)

• Thanks 3

Hello Lenny,

All we can hope is that you keep up the brilliant work for us all on MCN...that we have been very priviliged to enjoy and actually make friends and show our collections to all on MCN.

Come on to those who want to keep this great website etc Alive......Just a £5 or morenot for Lenny but for ALL of us very sincere members who enjoy this site...!

Desert Rat/ Ian

Fly-a-spitfire.jpg

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

• Field Marshall
1 minute ago, Desert Rat said:

Hello Lenny,

All we can hope is that you keep up the brilliant work for us all on MCN...that we have been very priviliged to enjoy and actually make friends and show our collections to all on MCN.

Come on to those who want to keep this great website etc Alive......Just a £5 or more,  not for Lenny but for ALL of us very sincere members....!

Deser tRat/ Ian

Cheers Ian, it's a labour of love. ;)

• Thanks 1

Yes it's your "baby" Lenny, and quite rightly very proud of it, so are we on MCN......We could'nt have a better "Field Marshall" than You...!

Best Wishes & Many Thanks

Desert Rat/ Ian

• Haha 1

Great Idea Val,

I completely forgot about it ( I am still waiting for my winners MCN bage.( or was it a deact MP40..mmmmm) You are good at this (hope you got your badge from Lenny or did YOU get the MP 40)?

Best to you...Desert Rat/ Ian

• Like 1

• Field Marshall
2 hours ago, val said:

BTW, @Lenny we need also caption competition back!

Well, let me sort that then... or how about a quiz? 😉

2 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Great Idea Val,

I completely forgot about it ( I am still waiting for my winners MCN bage.( or was it a deact MP40..mmmmm) You are good at this (hope you got your badge from Lenny or did YOU get the MP 40)?

Best to you...Desert Rat/ Ian

I do intend to get more tinnies done once I have some spare cash. 😉

• Thanks 1

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, 

Come on Lenny, an image and we well all try at the most stupidist joke! They have been great before and it will get us all (I hope ) Motivated again to shere in this....Yes some of us us like me had some ridiculous remarks...thats what makes it fun...!!

Thanks and best to you...Ian

• Thanks 1

Thankyou Lenny Very much for the tinnie,

But if you dont mind, I think I would prefer the deact MP40.....There can't be much difference in the price ( Ha Ha Ha)

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest HIghlander

Every one and Lenny I once rang a club back in the 90s I published a newsletter produced enamel membership badges etc etc out of 700 members there were about 12 who really helped me do the admin etc and contributed with ari lues and other help...I know only to well the time and hours I spent after a days work ..this was my family and private time..but i wanted to do this..No! not for me but to help other and in particular new people to our hobby. To help them learn from our (THE MORE ADVANCED COLLECTOR)mistakes and lack of knowledge.And to guide them  through showing off our latest purchase for our collections...It also offered other to see items that they were unlikely to see often and rarely ..not only because it was a rare item but to lots of people with young families ir different jobs could not afford such things...But they still loved to hear the stories and touch or see these beauties.....so yes,... I had scary moments ....why am I doing this no body gives a s...t if it folds tomorrow..  Well Lenny they and I know from personal experience. I have that tea shirt.....People do care... people need and love this the forum ...to pass on knowledge that we all need ..Even if we think we know it all...Because believe me none of us are they good..Yes we think we are  but uh uh. ..So Lenny your a normal guy ..you feeling normal feelings of banging your head against a brick wall...But 1500 members is a figure to proud of...So carry on and we will be here for you......

Guest HIghlander

Ps I'm still trying join you guys  properly .but can't get past the guest bit.lol Help.!

Hello Val,

Yes, Stuart is a mate on mine who I recommend to join MCN...but he cannot seem to get to join....????

Please help if you can.

Many  Thanks Desert Rat/ Ian

Hello Stuart,

Great to chat to you today, I have no idea why this is proving to be so difficult to join...stay with it and we will contact Lenny the Boss.

Very Best Wishes to you & Your Family

Ian/ Desert Rat

Brilliant write up Stuart,

Thanks for all the info sent and your passion for Militaria as well as SOE and the FFI (As I now know) be in touch soon, and apologise for this mistake.

Very Best to you.....IanB/ Edenbridge/ Kent

Message me via MCN personal....Please

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

Guest HIghlander

Thank you both..The S.A

Trumpet banner is a rare 1928 Eagle and S.A. device Version and  is very rare...S.

• 1 month later...
  • Field Marshall
On 07/04/2019 at 21:48, Desert Rat said:

Hello Stuart,

Great to chat to you today, I have no idea why this is proving to be so difficult to join...stay with it and we will contact Lenny the Boss.

Very Best Wishes to you & Your Family

Ian/ Desert Rat

Strange, bunch of memberships that needed manual approval, I didn't get notification. although sorted now... sorry...

• Thanks 1