Waffen Arsenal Band 178 Funkgerate in gepanzerten Fahrzeugen derWehrmacht

Looks like there was a hand-crank generator in a third carry case.

In 1937 the Torn.Fu.b1/f were brand new and some detailed specifications were still developing. The hand generator was probably provided in competition to the Torn.Fu.b (Telefunken SE499), which also had this feature. Likewise there is mention of a hand generator with the Torn.Fu.d2 in some early documentation. In the end, the Wehrmacht decided not to include a generator in their lineup as battery life was probably deemed sufficient for the tactical requirements set. 

regards,

Funksammler

We had on WAF a thread  about an export tornfub1 if i remember well

it was in use in some  german  allied army and there was an handgenerator, so not WH but was produced probably in small quantity for export

My Torn.Fu.b1 is dated 1936, so interesting how the years translated.

We don't know the exact "first delivery" or official adoption date of the Torn.Fu.b1 into the Wehrmacht. It is likely that production started well before first delivery. Typically the D-manuals and planning documentation existed some time before the type was physically introduced. I guess we need to think of an introduction phase of perhaps 1-2 years which leaves a bit of a grey area in this respect.

regards,

Funksammler