Known Fraudsters

Richard Auld

Guys,

What is the future when known fraudsters are tolerated?

Rich

• Upvote 1

I think other then warning others there doesn't seem much we can do. At least to date they all still seem to be around. An ongoing and never ending plague in this hobby, especially Third Reich. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Call them out by all means. But as @Mike H said not much else we can do, unless....... they are within driving distance.lol

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • Field Marshall

Would be good to warn fellow MCN'ers though.... ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 19/03/2019 at 16:00, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

not much else we can do, unless....... they are within driving distance.lol

:)

• Like 1

These scumbags are the bain of this hobby, they should be outed, named and shamed..... the worst of them was a guy called Pavel Nowak, he alone caused uproar in the hobby with scamming people, but he has,nt been heard of for quite some time,with any luck he,s snuffed it

• Like 1

Hello Dave,

I agree totally with you, I typed his name in Google.....but I don't think it's this person? Really unsure, but yes, name and shame all these scummers!!!

Best to you...Ian

Ah, I see you are back in the land of the living, we were beginning to wonder if you had emigrated!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Hello Dave,

Hope all is well with you, yeh been away to France since end July..too hot for me though 40 degrees everyday, I shouldn't complain as it will be freezing here in the UK soon. Bought some great French Resistance items though.

Thanks Dave & Best Wishes....Hope you feel better soon.

Ian

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Bought some great French Resistance items though.

What did you get?

• Like 1

Hello Val,

I, hope you are well, yes I bought some great and rare French Resistance items - 

I had a good time in France and bought many French Resistance  - flags/ brassards (arm bands) a Very Rare - BBC message Personels- book 1943 / diary of the code messages that the SOE wireless ops (while in "The Field" in France) sent to the UK via the French Resistance - some messages now translated by my teacher mate are crazy, but they were waiting for their own "Special Message" from SOE in relation to parachute drops of arms, ammo, explosives and tobacco, which most if not all Maquis were desperate for....a good English cigarette, and more importantly waiting for the call when the  - Invasion would come?

I will not add the French message  but the translation sent but in English - 

The little boats have no legs/ The pencil is blue/ Jules likes Italian cigars/ The beer is good/ The woman with the beard is shaved/ To take the taxi you need money/ Archibald is eating the spinach/Fabienne has arrived well/ Jean will have twins/ The white peas are cooked/ Bebert is eating the bannanas/ The Devil plays the Lottery/ ....33 pages of these message sent to England and returned with parachute drops and information - that I don't even understand?

But to actually find a diary/ book like this is virtually impossible - it has many different people writing and receiving these messages, but if caught with this book, the Sicherdienstheit ? Gestapo would have this man tortured to extreme to find his Maquis names, members, names and addresses, and more so the SOE wireless operator. if he gave nothing away during this torture - he and probably his family would all be shot.

I am still looking for an MCR1 - Biscuit Radio - favoured by the Maquis. I have a friend who has x2 B2 suitcase radio's that he wanted to sell me x1 but he has put them in Museums now...so another lost chance( But I at lease have the BBC- Message Personals" diary dated 1943...which is a treasure to find!

Best Wishes Val....Ian

ALL IMAGES FROM CAMERA 117.jpg

FFI TOULON.jpg

LEGION D HONOUR DIPLOMA.jpg

DSC_0052.JPG

DSC_0053.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

FFI .FLAG.JPG

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Fantastic items....:) Love them all...

Will any oif them be for sale in the future, or for your own collection....in particular, am interested in the Jewish Armband...:)

• Thanks 1

Very nice Ian! But please give them their own thread, much to important to be rolled up in a thread on fraudsters! :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Mike & Val,

Thanks for your advice, sorry but not sure at all how to add a "Thread"...any help will be appreciated.

Can I please Val, try and get this sorted out and you can delete them later...Is that OK with you?

Best to you both....Ian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norrie, It is for sale, all is for sale that I have, but I will have to sort out them all and add them to the  - for Sale - on MCN.....Sometime. But I have so many items here it will take many photos to advertise them all (Not sure how many images I am allowed?

Best to you....Ian

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

3 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Thanks for your advice, sorry but not sure at all how to add a "Thread"...any help will be appreciated.

Can I please Val, try and get this sorted out and you can delete them later...Is that OK with you?

Just start a new topic in appropriate section and when ready tell me what to delete here, no problem.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Thanks Val,

I will sort out the flags etc and add them to a new topic....Best to you....Ian

Hi Ian,. when you work out a price, would you PM me??

Cheers.

Norrie

• Thanks 1

Thanks Norrie,

I have so much FFI/ FTP/FTPF/ MUR/ CDL etc French Resistance items that I need to add them to the - For Sale -on MCN. I will send you a personal message for the French Juif/ Jewish arm band, 100% original and a good story with it....But I have a few people that want it for a very good price.

Best to you....Ian

1 hour ago, Desert Rat said:

Thanks Norrie,

I have so much FFI/ FTP/FTPF/ MUR/ CDL etc French Resistance items that I need to add them to the - For Sale -on MCN. I will send you a personal message for the French Juif/ Jewish arm band, 100% original and a good story with it....But I have a few people that want it for a very good price.

Best to you....Ian

Can you share the jewish arm band story? Just in case?

Sorry, but i have experience that usually fraudsters have very nice story

to tell to make the fraudulent item plausible.

• Thanks 1

Hello Val,

Of course I can, this was explained to me by the seller and my own research - Thanks for asking about the Juif (French for a Jew)  armband is very worn and used, but the story from the seller is that during the round - up of Jews in France - 1941 - 1942 - 1943 and during the STO , they were given this armband to wear on the penalty of death or immediate execution.

But mainly the S.S.were supervising the arrest of the Jews they were not able to recognise the armbands at a distance as being just white they could not see the difference between...who were Jews and other prisoners ( Communist/ Jehovahs witnesses/ Political ,/Homosexual, French Resistance etc ( as they they all had different coloured triangles/ armbands), so they asked that all Jewish prisoners (ready to send to the Death Camps, be issued with a Yellow Star)  but they then demanded that ALL Jewish prisoners have a yellow armband, but as none (the fabricated yellow star) were available at the time the S.S. went into the offices in Paris or  the holding camp Drancy (outside of Paris) and ordered all armbands for Jews be coloured Yellow....so in the officices they only had yellow ink, so all the men/ women/ children with white armbands were herded in and while they waited all the armbands were all painted with a brush in yellow  ink (quick, fast and easy)- the usual colour for All Jewish prisoners. So that could be easily seen from other prisoners armbands..then sent on the trains to their ultimate destination and...Death....!!!

(Hence due to the cotton used the ink bled across the armband.as you can see in the image...but the S.S. were pleased with their order for the Jews and temporalily accepted it)

DSC_0055.thumb.JPG.6d8bcb8b39d71ebd7e59177dbf6d0fc2.jpg

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Upvote 1

Hello Val,

Well, I can only give the account from what the seller told me. It's impossible to try and find out who owned this armband, where hes was arrested, where sent to, if he lived or died etc etc etc.........?????

Best to you....Ian