HMS Defender Open Day

Norrie

Hi Guys...just been told by our oldest daughter, I have a ticket to go visit HMS Defender in Glasgow on Sunday....along with my son in law, and my grandson....free tickets still available to those that want to visit...:) Think its a guided tour, so, should learn a few things...:)

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/royal-navy-warship-comes-home-15994302

• Thanks 1

Hello Norrie,

Thanks for letting us know on MCN.....sadly I am in Edenbridge, Kent....Heart of the sassenach country.

I wish you a great enjoyable visit...send us some images on here.

Best to you...Desert Rat/ Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Norrie,

How did the visit go to see the HMS Defender....I hope you had a good time and can send us some images of it and you (firing the gun) on MCN!

I am 1/3 third Irish/ 1/3 third Scots/ and 1/ third English......Although I miss my Dad (he died aged 53 in 1973) who fought in the Western Desert during WW2 and landed in Normandy on 6th June 1944 in the afternoon, fought up through France, Belgium, Holland and into Germany with Monty's 21st Army Group......I still feel mainly a Scot through and through, my Mum, born in Wishaw in 1920 and will be 99 years old in October!)

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE......!!!

Very best wishes....Ian/ Desert Rat