[SOLD] WW1 VERY RARE GERMAN GAS MASK

Desert Rat

FOR SALE....VERY RARE WW1 GERMAN GAS MASK

WW1 EXCEPTIONALLY VERY, VERY RARE TO FIND A GERMAN GAS MASK  IN THIS CONDITION. THESE CANNOT BE FOUND IN THIS CONDITION AFTER 100 YEARS...SO A MUST BUY FOR ALL COLLECTORS!
GUMMIMASKE, GASMASK. 
WITH TIN GAS MASK HOLDER AND INK STAMPS FROM THE ORIGINAL MAKER. THERE IS A VERY FAINT PAINT, OWNERS, MAKERS MARK? ON THE TOP OF THE LID, I AM UNSURE?
INSTAMPED. AND STAMPED ON FILTER ..VERY RARE TO FIND ALL THE MAKERS STAMPS ON EVERY PART
EXCELLENT RARE CONDITION AND WILL LOOK SUPERB WITH A WW1 GERMAN HELMET FOR A DISPLAY!!!

1. IT HAS A GOOD FLEXIBLE CANVAS OUTER CLOTH, A LITTLE FRAGILE ON THE BACK DUE TO BEING IN THE ORIGINAL TIN FOR MANY YEARS!

SUPERB COLLECTORS ITEM....AS MENTIONED EXCEPTIONALLY RARE TO FIND IN THIS CONDITION!

ORIGINAL 100%  GENUINE ITEM. PERFECT FOR A COLLECTOR...THIS IS NOT A CHEAP IMITATION BUT A VERY RARE 100% ORIGINAL WW1 GERMAN GAS MASK THIS IS A MUSEUM DISPLAY PIECE.

THE HELMET DOES NOT COME WITH THE MASK....!!!.

THIS ITEM THE GAS MASK -----DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY ASBESTOS AS FAR AS I AM AWARE AND HAVE BEEN TOLD, BUT AS A PRECAUTION ----DO NOT PUT THIS ON YOUR FACE, OR WEAR IT...KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN......!
This gas mask was worn by a German soldier in the trenches. It covered the soldier’s eyes and mouth to limit injury by chemical gas, but the rest of the head they wore a steel helmet for protection against shrapnel etc.
The metal filter cartridge contained charcoal and an anti-gas chemical to stop the soldier inhaling lethal gases. This filter was I believe made by AGFA – more commonly known for making cameras and photographic equipment, but manufacturers of metal goods including gas mask cartridges during the first war.
Several ink stamps including a number ‘3’, indicating the size of the mask, and marks denoting quality testing.
The manufacture date it is believed to be, ‘15/9/15’, shows it was made 100 years ago – coinciding with the German army’s first use of lethal gases as a weapon, violating the 1907 Hague Convention on Land Warfare.
In retaliation the first recorded gas attack by the British forces was on September 25 1915, ten days after this mask was made.
This item of ‘war relics’ was a storage tin which soldiers wore on a straps across their bodies so their masks were ready to use at all times. 
Please make an offer if you are interested.....will post World wide. 
Message me on MCN for any further information and offers....Thank You!

BEESWAX THE TIN -FILTER.jpg

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

Edited by Desert Rat
SOLD
  • Like 1

Thanks Tony,

I havent seen any like this on ebay or any website for  few years now...Must as I presume , very rare??

What do you think?

Best to you...Ian

• Upvote 1

Just now, Desert Rat said:

Thanks Tony,

I havent seen any like this on ebay or any website for  few years now...Must as I presume , very rare??

What do you think?

Best to you...Ian

I havent seen very many at all the past few years.

• Thanks 1

Hello Tony,

I need to sell this gas mask, do you know any of your collectors friends that may buy this, as I need to sell as alway bloody bills to pay.

If they can make me a good offer, I can post it to the USA or anywhere.

Please let me know if you find anyone....as I cannot sell it on Ebay.

Very Best Wishes My Friend....IanB/ UK

• Upvote 1

Hi Ian:

I've been asking around for you but no one seems to be buying right now, I am having a hell of a time selling the tropical Britches and a very nice EK 2. I hope things will change for us both so we can pay our bills! Ill keep asking around.

Cheers 

Tony

• Thanks 1

Many Thanks Tony,

Very difficult time here trying to sell Militaria....people seem to want to pay the basic minimum for great collectibles, they all want someting for nothing!

Thanks for keep asking, hope we may find some decent buyers sometime.

Very Best Wishes My Friend....Ian/ Desert Rat

• 2 months later...

Hello Tony,

Many Thanks for your offer, not sure as I havent seen the sane one in over 10 years on any website.....Please message me with you offer and we can arrange a good deal.

Very Best Wishes...Ian

Sorry to you all,

I have sold this ORIGINAL gas mask but not sure how I add - SOLD on the item....Can anyone help?

Many Thanks

• val changed the title to [SOLD] WW1 VERY RARE GERMAN GAS MASK

Whoever added the  - SOLD - for me, I, thank you!

Best wishes..Ian/ Desert Rat

• Like 1