Maps

Mike H

Got these WW1 maps from the Berlin War Academy, used in the 1920's. Linen backed, very durable as they would have to be.

Interesting to think just who may have studied these at the time. Pen for scale. Some are quite large.

IMG_20190330_105959549.jpg

IMG_20190330_110045619.jpg

IMG_20190330_110258468.jpg

IMG_20190330_110357645.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Have to say Mike....They are fantastic!

How on earth do you find such historic valuables from Germany......Well Done!

Many Thanks for showing us on MCN....We don't always get maps on here so this a real pleasure for us.

Best wishes ^ Thanks.

Desert Rat/ Ian

I may let you know my "fishing hole" after the next auction is over.  :) And getting them out of England now, although the seller is German by birth.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Mike,

Whichever way you got them dosen't matter as you have them......Clever Man and...a BIG Well Done!

Best to you.....Ian/ Desert Rat

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got some more maps in today. I will have to try and get some framed. The wife will love them hanging in the living room.  Yea right! 😂

IMG_20190420_101633558.jpg

IMG_20190420_101728944.jpg

IMG_20190420_102118170.jpg

IMG_20190420_102302963.jpg

IMG_20190420_102304025.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Mike,

Very nice, thanks for showing us on MCN....Yes they will look brilliant framed and on the wall.(Buy the wife a box of chocs, then she may like your plan?

Best to you.....Desert Rat/ Ian

• Upvote 1

I am out and about tomorrow and there is a bloke that is within our patrol pattern, I know he has a lot of these sort of maps that were 'enclosures' to books. I can ask him what he has if you want. He may not be around until next week as he is quite ill and is spending Easter with his daughter, I am not sure if she is visiting him or the other way round. I have been banished to the attic flatlet thing that is here within our house/shop. She says she no longer wants to see my military rubbish!!! Good luck!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks Richard but it's hard for me to deal outside the US as I don't have PayPal. The gentleman I get these off of also has the book maps you mention from time to time but usually with the book.