Auction House Purchases.

Norrie

Did a bit of online bidding on Wednesday at my local auction house....spent a total of £44 on the 4 lids...and only got them today...sight unseen..I bid on the auction house photos....I took a wee "punt" on them...was pleasantly surprised to find a First Aid party, and a Police lid among them, this one has a ghost of ARP lettering.......plus a strange green Mk2....I have in the past owned a couple of green ones, but still have no clue as to their origin....I do think the paint is of the period, as that particular lid has the black rubber stacking ring on it...:)

Plus got a cracker of a Mk 3 Turtle, with a 1945 dated liner, its got the most amazing ghost of a camo net, so assume its been used in theatre...its a cracking original brown too...:)

Also bought a set of WW2 dated webbing, and pouches  with a water bottle and carrier, plus a post war British Army (1951 patt) Great Coat with economy buttons, which really interest me...that came with a pair of dress trousers, black with a wide green leg stripe , any ideas guys?? No pics so far of the webbing and coat, too interested  in the lids...

Sorry about crap pics, it was late when I got home, and I had to use the flash...:)

20190412_200129.jpg

20190412_200133.jpg

20190412_200138.jpg

20190412_200144.jpg

20190412_200250.jpg

20190412_200301.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant Norrie,

Very well done....you lucky man...!!!

Best to you...Desert Rat/ Ian

• Like 1