Pile of books

Richard Auld

Guys,

I supoose this is the place for these, out of an old house today, a contact of my wifes, she is doing some painting work for her.

Rich

CIMG1271.JPG

CIMG1272.JPG

CIMG1273.JPG

CIMG1274.JPG

CIMG1276.JPG

CIMG1277.JPG

CIMG1278.JPG

CIMG1279.JPG

CIMG1280.JPG

CIMG1281.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Rich,

Thanks for showing us these very good books and the inner prints......Very Nice Items!

Best to you.....Desert Rat/ Ian

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Desert Rat said:

Hello Rich,

Thanks for showing us these very good books and the inner prints......Very Nice Items!

Best to you.....Desert Rat/ Ian

Your welcome.

Rich

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting more and more into collecting British and American WW1 and 2 paperwork, be it books, logbooks, passbooks, scrapbooks, leaflets, and release papers etc etc.....I just love them all...I only have one German soldiers handbook from 1941....but for me, its more of a novelty item to have...BUT, your collection would make me want to learn the German language...:) I love it Rich...nice one mate...:)

• Like 1

OK Norrie,

Time to go to evening classes and learn German....I speak and understand a little as I had a girlfriend in Pulheim, near Koln some years ago.....It's quite easy to learn and I am sure you will do well, it's just the long words (with 10 or more words) that are difficult.

Ich spreche ein bission? Deutche?

Fur Dich meine fruend?....veilen danke

Ian

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

2 hours ago, Norrie said:

I am getting more and more into collecting British and American WW1 and 2 paperwork, be it books, logbooks, passbooks, scrapbooks, leaflets, and release papers etc etc.....I just love them all...I only have one German soldiers handbook from 1941....but for me, its more of a novelty item to have...BUT, your collection would make me want to learn the German language...:) I love it Rich...nice one mate...:)

It takes less space, is cheap and chearful with the fact that it is documented history, without stories etc. I find it quite fun to do but with the German twist since I live here.

German is as hard as nails to learn as it is gramar heavy, every day is a school day for me at work and I do my best to learn a new word every day.

German reminds me of the sketch in 'The life of Brian' it says Romans go home! , No it doesn't, etc etc etc.

Rich

Edited by Richard Auld
  • Like 1

LOL....Love the Life of Brian quote...:)

I have only been to visit Germany, a wee village called Roxel, near Herefordshire? Barracks, in Muster , my bro in law was in the Queens Own Highlanders, and I learnt how to order beer and vodka cola in fluent German...can still do it too....Choos....:) My sis in law had a great use of  German, and still uses it sometimes....seemingly, its an easier language to learn if yer Scots, due to the sort of gutteral language, ochs and ayes etc etc... much like ours...:) 

• Like 1

Go for it Norrie, get yourself some German lessons you will be surprised (as I found it easy) to learn.

Ich bin eine blutman!

Best to you meine freund......Ian

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Like 1

I guess it is a personal thing, I don't know my English grammer so I have no chance with the German. Still passed my tests though.

Rich

• Like 2