VE Day Celebration.

Norrie

Ahhhh...First post in this new section....nice one....:)

Anyway, this week,  our local nursing home were doing a V.E. display, and asked me ( through my wife who works there) If I could lend a few items for them to let the residents see , hold and wear...

Of course, with them having a lot of ex servicewomen and men there, I could NOT refuse....

So, I picked a few items for them to "play" with.....seemingly, the staff and residents had a blast...really good feedback from them...they sent me some great pics...:) 

This was a "trial" for a proper display next month to celebrate D Day, and as it went down so well they are going to do some heavy advertising...Arghhh!!!!!

So, heres a few pics for you chaps...I particularly like the one with the chap at attention in the T "O" S....hes an ex KOSB reg, and from what his carer told me, he had lost his own TOS years ago, and when he saw this one, his eyes lit up, he fitted it on his own head perfectly...so,after being told that, I left it there for him...:)

Anyway, my first ever "display"......and I'm so chuffed the residents, staff and family enjoyed it...TBH, it was only a few helmets caps etc...but ....:)

home1.jpg

home2.jpg

home3.jpg

home4.jpg

home5.jpg

home6.jpg

home7.jpg

home8.jpg

home9.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Norrie,

Absolutely Fantastic what you have done...I commend  you sincerely in seeing these dear men and women looking so happy at what you have so kindly and lovingly provided for them all!

To see them all smiling must have gave you so much great pleasure....I envy you...!!

Fantastic and hugs to all the Dear people there....From Me...!!!

Very Best Wishes and so Many Thanks to you and your wife in making so many elderly people, whom we respect dearly a lovely, happy time

IanB/ Desert Rat

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Desert Rat said:

Hello Norrie,

Absolutely Fantastic what you have done...I commend  you sincerely in seeing these dear men and women looking so happy at what you have so kindly and lovingly provided for them all!

To see them all smiling must have gave you so much great pleasure....I envy you...!!

Fantastic and hugs to all the Dear people there....From Me...!!!

Very Best Wishes and so Many Thanks

IanB/ Desert Rat

Ian...Thankyou so much for your kind words........When I saw the photo of the wee guy with the KOSB TOS on, I almost cried....he is in the latter stages of dementia, and to be told his eyes lit up when he saw the TOS, was a joy for me....the carer told me he grabbed it fitted it ( perfectly) and when she asked for a pic, he stood straight to attention....if this is the pinnacle of my collecting, then I will certainly  die a happy man....:)....I cannot wait for the full display next month....:)

• Thanks 1

So many thanks for your kind words Norrie,

And to see so many Dear and loving elderly people that have suffered so much during WW2 and perhaps WW1 and during the great Depression....Brings me to tears also!

These wonderful people gave us hope, suffered through the worst times and fortunatley survived...We should ALL respect them, cuddle and kiss them...

"They were the Heroes and Heroines of our past, but these lovely people gave us our future"......Ian R Bridle .....10/05 / 2019

• Like 1

Hello Norrie,

That's want we want to see on MCN......All the happy faces of what you, your dear wife have given these well deserved elderly ones.....Not just images of ????? but real life, real emotions and the love and kindness to those who suffered and served for ...Freedom....!!!!

God Bless Them All...and keep them safe...!!!

Very best wishes to you and your wife and the care and compassion you displayed to them All......IanB/ Desert Rat

• Like 1

Very generous of you in both your time and your collection. I love the old folk, what they have endured is quite another thing compared to our generation in general.

Well done mate!

Rich

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Hello Norrie,

That's want we want to see on MCN......All the happy faces of what you, your dear wife have given these well deserved elderly ones.....Not just images of ????? but real life, real emotions and the love and kindness to those who suffered and served for ...Freedom....!!!!

God Bless Them All...and keep them safe...!!!

Very best wishes to you and your wife and the care and compassion you displayed to them All......IanB/ Desert Rat

7 hours ago, Richard Auld said:

Very generous of you in both your time and your collection. I love the old folk, what they have endured is quite another thing compared to our generation in general.

Well done mate!

Rich

Wow !!....Thank you guys for your words.....they have really made my ( and the wifes) day ....

It was nothing really, just took a few items up to the home, and let the residents play with them.....I couldnt refuse , no way...:)

They have an open day on the 29th June, and I think I'm going to be doing a full on display for them....with a few items to play with, as before, the rest just for display...:) I'll be putting a tin down for donations to the home as well.....hope to raise a few quid for them...:)

• Thanks 1

Many Thanks Norrie & to Your  Wife,

My very , very commendable sincere kindness for such lovely people as this...They have had the very hard times, which will will never suffer, through the Wars and brought up their children to learn and respect others.....A True and incredible generation, that sadly will never be the same again. There will  never be on this earth such a strong, faithful , loyal and tenacious generation as what has sadly slowly passing us by!

My Sincere Very Best To You and Your Dear Wife in Showing so Much Kindness, Compassion and Love for These Dear Loved ones!..We care and we Love Them Dearly

Just the same as in my Mum's care home ....when I speak to these fantastic old ladies they bring me such heartfelt tears as to what they have been through...I do care and try and make them happy, appreciated and show I do care for them....X.

My Thoughts and Best Wishes, Hugs to the Elderly and to Your Family!

Thank You...Ian

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

Hello Norrie & Wife?

Please send us some images on MCN of your Great Day.....I would love to see the smiles and happiness that you both can display to these precious dear ones!

Very Best Wishes & Thank You Both for Your Kindness....Ian/ Desert Rat