Russian Spy thing?

Richard Auld

Guys,

My Russian spy thing, for eaves dropping and such like.

One of the tapes is used with a pencil note(see pic). 

Not as good as our stuff of the day?

Rich

CIMG1375.JPG

CIMG1376.JPG

CIMG1377.JPG

CIMG1378.JPG

CIMG1379.JPG

CIMG1381.JPG

CIMG1382.JPG

CIMG1383.JPG

CIMG1384.JPG

CIMG1387.JPG

CIMG1388.JPG

CIMG1389.JPG

CIMG1390.JPG

CIMG1391.JPG

CIMG1392.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very cool set.   Soviet post-war tech is interesting because a lot of it was copied from the Germans, but there is some really cool looking equipment that they made.

• Like 1

No Idea Val!

Its just something Russiian, I can't remember if I bought or got it in a swap. It is not very portable in todays terms at about 7 or 8 Kg LOL.

There is what looks like a covert mic with it but I suppose that is just part of the inventory.

Rich

• Like 1

@Richard Auld It's military stuff, but no spy stuff. It was used with military radio stations

to record conversations, orders etc. That microphone is probably for taping telephone

conversations, attachment to the phone handset.

• Like 1

Ah Ha, That makes sense.

As you know not really my area.

Cheers

Rich

Does it still work??? Could be good fun listening to the tapes , If you can speak Russian...:)

• Like 1

No idea, It is just taking up space....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richard Auld said:

No idea, It is just taking up space....

Not your realm of collecting....??

I have a couple of Russian items, one I use quite often  when out shooting at night...got a set of NV goggles, which with an IR torch do the job not bad....got them off a guy who said they didnt work...I put batteries in them, bought an IR torch, and they do the job up to about 100yds...:)

• Like 1

Norrie, 

I have some NV sights too that came back from the Gulf as booty! I doubt they work now. Smuggled them back in the Warrior. I think I still have an RPG sight and a dragonov scope, I sold one on ebay years ago. 

Rich

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rich, sorry for not being on sooner.,...work is just taking over...BUT, loving the money it gives me...:) SO is She...:0

I have a set of Russian ( I think)  NV goggles.,two lens into one?? think they work, slight green tinge when i turn them on....have just ordered an IR lamp to see if it does...:)

if they do, then am going to use them as "lamping" NV for foxes and rabbits...:)

LOl....Will do ...but, tomorrow, when i get in from the display I'm doing...they are in the attic "museum"....:)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1