Some Tropical field gear

Afrikakorpsrat64

Was doing some Dusting and arranging and decided to lay out some field gear  from the display, for a better view. The buckle is a 1941 Gustav Brehmer. Bayonet is a matching 1939 J.Sch. The shirt is an DAK used former french M35 shirt.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Superb selection of items Tony, I do like that DAK cap. Thanks for showing us on MCN.

Best wishes Mon Ami....Ian

• Thanks 1

Tony,

I have a cap but I am not happy with it I will try and find it and perhaps you can look at it. They are red inside right? does yours have a maker stamp?

Rich

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Richard Auld said:

Tony,

I have a cap but I am not happy with it I will try and find it and perhaps you can look at it. They are red inside right? does yours have a maker stamp?

Rich

@Richard Auld Rich, I would be happy to have a look when you find it. Here are some details of mine. Mine is missing the sweatband. But otherwise is typical M40 cap of late war manufacture. Made by Carl Halfer 1943.

20190618_080756.jpg

20190618_080856.jpg

20190618_080704.jpg

20190618_080717.jpg

20190618_080910.jpg

• Thanks 1

An almost Identical cap to mine, right down to maker and date of manufacture. From Robert Kurtz book "AFRIKAKORPS"

20190618_081709[1].jpg

20190618_081720.jpg

• Thanks 1

Great Caps Tony,

I nearly got one from an auction site, but I wasn't sure of what they were worth, the only thing that put me off finally there were no stampings/ ink marks in the red lining?

What is the rough price for a good original one of these...Please?

Best to You...Ian

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Desert Rat said:

Great Caps Tony,

I nearly got one from an auction site, but I wasn't sure of what they were worth, the only thing that put me off finally there were no stampings/ ink marks in the red lining?

What is the rough price for a good original one of these...Please?

Best to You...Ian

Hi Ian, the M40's can bring $1400 and up in US dollars. Depending on condition and date of manufacture. Things to look out for are the grommets inside, and the insignia, just to name a couple of things. Cheers !

Just now, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

Hi Ian, the M40's can bring $1400 and up in US dollars. Depending on condition and date of manufacture. Things to look out for are the grommets inside, and the insignia, just to name a couple of things. Cheers !

The side caps or "piss cutters" can be had for $350 and up.(US dollars)

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Tony,

I will have a look around when I have sold some FFI......French Resistance items.

Best to you Mon Ami......Ian