Afrikakorps in the movies! Movie props.

Afrikakorpsrat64

Picked up this cap many years ago. It's from the late '50's early '60's , movie studio prop. Mabe for "Tobruk" or one of those films at the time. Didnt have any eagle when I got it, only had the white  Waffenfarbe  soutache(since removed). I also had a tropical Gas mask can (had a '44 date in it) Painted Hollywood DAK yellow. was used in the series "Band of Brothers". I do still have some German Gaiters from that series. Just sharing, these things kind of have there own place in collecting.

20190618_090705.jpg

20190618_090716.jpg

20190618_090649.jpg

20190618_090637.jpg

20190618_080811.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for showing us Tony, It's very similar to the one I wanted to buy (but the seller classed it as a 1942 original & no markings) but I think it had a red or yellow band/ ribbon very thin around the centre?

Best to you...Ian

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Thanks for showing us Tony, It's very similar to the one I wanted to buy (but the seller classed it as a 1942 original & no markings) but I think it had a red or yellow band/ ribbon very thin around the centre?

Best to you...Ian

If you ever need help to ID just let me know. Better safe than sorry, especially at the high cost of these.  

• Thanks 1

Many Thanks Tony,

If I find one I will send you the images to check it please. Didn't realise at all that they sold for as much as that, the one I was going to buy sold for £550.

Maybe get one sometime just a memento for my Dad who fought the buggers in the Western Desert with the ----8th Army, as you know the story.

Take Care and Very Best to you...Ian

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is the cap I wear when i go out to cut the weeds down in the garden.lol

• Like 1

If you wear that in the garden Tony.....It's time for a selfie with it on in the garden and show us here on MCN......Please..!!!

Best Wishes as Always....Ian

• Upvote 1