110v ac 500hz how to ?

dufleuve

Hello,

I would like to generate a 110v AC 500 Hz two phase current to test some devices.
Have been looking on the net, but found only lab systems with a heavy price tag.
There are some frequency converters, but they are designed to drive 3 phases motors.

Any idea where I could get an affordable transfo  ?

Thanks

The only way to do it is to follow the same path modern switched PSU does it:

first convert your AC to DC then feed it to inverter to get appropriate frequency

and then feed it to transformer to get appropriate voltage.

I had a transformer made by a special company for my Wehrmacht equipment. The company installs all desired currents. I give you gladly the Mailadresse of the company.
I paid 150 Euro for my transformer.

WhatsApp Image 2019-01-04 at 17.56.52.jpeg

IMG_2075.JPG

1 (1).JPG

IMG_1972.JPG

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 22/06/2019 at 16:52, dufleuve said:

Hello,

I would like to generate a 110v AC 500 Hz two phase current to test some devices.
Have been looking on the net, but found only lab systems with a heavy price tag.
There are some frequency converters, but they are designed to drive 3 phases motors.

Any idea where I could get an affordable transfo  ?

Thanks

Hello dufleuve

he equipment you own in 110v 500hz are in diphasé (2 phases shifted from 90 degrees) to go from threephase in 2 phases used the scott leblanc 

( https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformateur_électrique )

http://aviatechno.net/trans/scott.php
If it helps

there is also the 72 volts 500hz but three-phase

Regards

RV12P2000

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

You will find these sorts of voltages in old aircraft equipment, especially old USAAF or RAF equipment sometimes used 400 Hz 115V. 500Hz was used in German gyroscopic drive systems, but the voltage of these is only 36Volt. So if the frequency is less critical, try to find an old USAAF or RAF 400Hz 115V dynamotor. If you absolutely need to stick to 500Hz, you need a Luftwaffe Gyro "Umformer" with a step up transformer (if this is possible obviously also depends on your power requirement); you will still need to combine two of the phases to create a 90 degree two phase system. Alternatively, you can build a switched power supply, but creating a clean AC sinus voltage will be difficult so this would only work where HF noise is not an issue.

regards,

Funksammler

Hello FS,

It is my aim to feed the selsyn system of the flak Ubertragungsgerät 37. The system requirement is 36V DC and 110V 500Hz AC.
So I think I have to stick to the 500Hz requirement. There is a original gerät that converts 36-50 V DC to 110V 500Hz, but could not locate one yet...
A U10/E provides 110V 250 Hz if I remember well, maybe work from there in the meantime ?

Cheers

On 31/10/2019 at 10:11, dufleuve said:

Hello FS,

It is my aim to feed the selsyn system of the flak Ubertragungsgerät 37. The system requirement is 36V DC and 110V 500Hz AC.
So I think I have to stick to the 500Hz requirement. There is a original gerät that converts 36-50 V DC to 110V 500Hz, but could not locate one yet...
A U10/E provides 110V 250 Hz if I remember well, maybe work from there in the meantime ?

Cheers

The U10E generates 110V 333Hz (which is not used), while the U10S provides 13,5 and 110V 250Hz for the antenna tuning selsyn systems. I think the only other power supply using 500Hz is the (Hohentwiel) U200, but this is also 36 Volt but you probably don't need that much power. So for low power applications you are back at a gyro Umformer which generate 3-phase 36V at 500 Hz (from a 24V DC supply). The problem will be to find a suitable 500Hz step up transformer. 

regards,

Funksammler