Verteilerkasten Batterie Mitte

dufleuve

Hello,
As Val asked, here are the pictures of the "Verteilerkasten Batterie Mitte" for the "Ubertragungsgerät 37" data transmission system for heavy flak.
I will explain usage of the various connections in further posts.

DSCF0013.JPG

DSCF0014.JPG

DSCF0015.JPG

DSCF0016.JPG

DSCF0017.JPG

DSCF0018.JPG

DSCF0019.JPG

DSCF0020.JPG

DSCF0021.JPG

DSCF0022.JPG

DSCF0023.JPG

DSCF0024.JPG

DSCF0026.JPG

27341227767_71aa642110_k.jpg

• Thanks 2

I Wonder how much stuff similar to this I have pushed Out of the was in the scrap Yard just to get to a rusty mess tin. I will pay more attention to items such as this in future.

• Upvote 1

Hello Val,
Yes I got that one.

Pictures of the 10 pins round connectors cable. Connects on the 10 pins female on the verteilerkasten and to the "Fensprechgerät for Kommandozwecke" on the other end. This cable is complete and functional.

DSCF0042.JPG

DSCF0043.JPG

• Thanks 1

Ubertragungsleitung 37 c (5m). It is the short version of the connecting 46 pins cable that transmits both telephony and kommandogerät data to the guns.
The a version is 60m long, the b version 30m.

The connectors are of bakelite and metal, I assume the late version.

DSCF0045.JPG

DSCF0047.JPG

Edited by dufleuve
  • Thanks 1

Last one for today: the Ubertragungstrommel 37 that you see sitting on the fenders of the Flak guns carriages.
The connector is earlier all metal type. Cable is dummy to fill the trommel.

DSCF0048.JPG

DSCF0049.JPG

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Richard Auld said:

I Wonder how much stuff similar to this I have pushed Out of the was in the scrap Yard just to get to a rusty mess tin. I will pay more attention to items such as this in future.

Hello Richard,

Seems you have interesting scrap yards in your neighborhood. 

Another addition to the system: the connection box from the base of a Flak 88.
All connectors far gone, alu and steel do not mix happily. But I have spares to replace them 👍

The special connector at the back I'll try to retrieve. Again the steel screws are completely fused with alu, I'll try to bore them out.
After that cleaning, derusting and painting the steel box. Most tricky will be to rebuild the cabling, 46 wires with crossover to 10 and 14 pins connectors...

connect88_1.jpg

connect88_5.jpg

connect88_2.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 01/07/2019 at 13:21, dufleuve said:

Hello Richard,

Seems you have interesting scrap yards in your neighborhood. 

It is at times unbelievable what end up in the skip. I am of course focused in my own area of interest. I will now be more open to looking for such items as it is always a possibility for trade.

Rich

Well,
Some progress on the steel box and trial of replacement connectors.
Don't have a 14 pins connector yet. In any case, not sure of its use and seems deleted on some guns.

DSCF0032.JPG

DSCF0033.JPG

DSCF0034.JPG

• Thanks 1

I should have some of the funny plugs with the side contacts lying around somewhere. Let me know if they might be of interest, need to dig them out...

regards,

Funksammler

Hello Remco,

I have some of the male connectors, both built-in and cable plug, some female built-in, but no female plug for cable.
If you have one (or more) of those, I'm interested.

Thanks

To make things clear, I have this type: female built-inDSCF0026.thumb.JPG.ddd58365517759916770cd634f040f5e.JPG

Male plug:

DSCF0043.thumb.JPG.06023efe2e5056a0923230516c07e2bd.JPG

Male buit-in:

DSCF0033.thumb.JPG.1259a8ca7709cf6a22e3cbf154861f01.JPG

I assume there exists a female plug to connect to the male built-in, but never saw one of these.

Hello Remco,

Any luck in your digging ?

Cheers

Pascal

• 3 weeks later...

Well,

Seems the forum is asleep during holidays...
Some progress on the flak88 connection. 46 pins Renkdose and 10 pins Hilfsleitung ready with cables soldered.
Now the tricky part is to join ubertragungs and hilfsleitung on the back Renkdose and solder these, plus the 36 other cables.
The Hilfsleitung (basically the telephony connections) use the central ten pins. The cables are shielded and the shield is connected to ground.
Strangely, pin 7 and 8 on Hilfsleistung are not used on this Flak88 connection. Those pins are used for the firing bell.
Pins 5 on the Renkdose are well connected ans used for same purpose.

Pins 4 on the Renkdose and 9/10 on Hilfsleitung are used for gun leader comms. 
Pins 1-3 on the Renkdose and 1/6 on Hilfsleitung are used for gun layers and fuze setters voice comms.
Other pins on the Renkdose used for Ubertragungsgerät data transmission.

The 14 pins connector purpose is still unknown. On the 12;8cm flak gun electrical schema, there is also one referenced as "Anzeigetafeln" connection ??

Some pics of the Ubertragungs 37 Renkstecker connected.
Note both covers locked together as recommended in the manual to avoid collecting dirt.👍

DSCF0049.JPG

DSCF0050.JPG

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, dufleuve said:

Seems the forum is asleep during holidays...

I think the massive heatwave is one reason...

@Funksammler- how hot was at your side?

• 2 weeks later...

Good week,

I was able to buy and trade additional connectors, including a 14 HS renkdose to complete the Anschlusskasten (Ubertragung).

DSCF0077.JPG

DSCF0076.JPG

• Like 1

The following connectors were included.
I knew about those with 108 contacts, used for the Ubertragungsgerät 30 (the one using lamps on a round box).
These with 36 contacts, I have no idea yet as to their use.

Stecker 9.jpg

Stecker 8.jpg

Stecker 7.jpg

• Like 1

Those two renkstecker 24 HS are quite interesting. They have a id plate screwed on.
One is "Ausgang Betriebsschaltkaten", the other one "Nur kommandogerät 40".
Cable remains are 4x6mm conductors, so obviously a power cable.

DSCF0081.JPG

DSCF0080.JPG

DSCF0079.JPG

DSCF0078.JPG

DSCF0077.JPG

DSCF0076.JPG

• Like 1

And last one: the 36 pins connector between the Anschlusskaten and the Schleifringkorper (collector) on the 10,5cm and 12,8cm flak. The one on the flak 88 is a 46 pins one.

DSCF0076.JPG

DSCF0077.JPG

The Übertragungsanschluss kasten on a museum Flak88and mine. ✌️ 

IMG_20180610_120032.jpg

DSCF0076.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello folks,
Pictures show how the connection is done on 24 HS renkstecker for the KdoG 40.
There are 4 conductors (2xapprox. 4mm, 2x approx. 6mm) plus a shield.
The 4mm and shield are connected to a single pin, the 6mm to respectively 3 and 4 pins, means their end is soldered to 3-4 short pieces of approx. 2mm cable.
The isolation between is a mix of gummi and the strange plastic like band wrapped around.

On the second 24 HS renkstecker, the cable end has been entirely removed, but one can still see on which pins soldering has been done. As expected, it is the exact opposite of the first connector. Another cross-cable.

I intend now to rebuild the entire cable. I procured 50m of a 7G2,5 with same diameter and flexibility as the original, unfortunately not shielded.
The 36v DC will go on 2x2,5 pair, the 110v AC to a 2,5 pair and last conductor for the "shield".

Next cable project is to rebuild a 60m Ubertragungsleitung 37, with its two 46 HS renkstecker. But still have to find a suitable 17-19mm diameter cable with about 50 conductors. Anyone has that in storage somewhere ????

DSCF0076.JPG

DSCF0077.JPG

DSCF0078.JPG

DSCF0079.JPG

• Thanks 1

24 HS renkstecker for the betriebschaltkasten connected to cable. I will do the Kdo40 side tomorrow.
I used the newly acquired 1942 kabeltrommel to store the 50m cable.
Looks nice, even if it is designed for standard power cables. Will do until I get the correct Leistungtrommel.

Cheers

PS: seems activity moved from WAF to MCN to FB ....

DSCF0110.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1