Heer EM/NCO Dress buckle and belt

Afrikakorpsrat64

Nothing fancy, but this is my first dress buckle in 40+ years. Just never went after one before. Got this with the belt(nice large size) for $75 US dollars. Couldn't pass it up!

20190705_114632.jpg

20190705_114713.jpg

20190705_114745.jpg

20190705_114842.jpg

20190705_114921.jpg

20190705_114927.jpg

• Thanks 1

Great Looking item Tony,

Good price also, thanks for showing us all on MCN.

Best to you.....Ian

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Not really keen on a waffenamt stamp on a private purchase belt? All of these I have are also very worn looking as the parade belt had an artificial coating to look shiny? It tends to be dried out and cracked. The belt you show from what is visible is typical of a post war Fire brigade type item. 

Buckle looks ok but I think that is more Lenny's department.

Rich

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Richard Auld said:

Hi,

Not really keen on a waffenamt stamp on a private purchase belt? All of these I have are also very worn looking as the parade belt had an artificial coating to look shiny? It tends to be dried out and cracked. The belt you show from what is visible is typical of a post war Fire brigade type item. 

Buckle looks ok but I think that is more Lenny's department.

Rich

I have never had a belt with one either, I do believe the belt is original, but can not vouch for that stamp. @Lenny any help on that?

Just now, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

I have never had a belt with one either, I do believe the belt is original, but can not vouch for that stamp. @Lenny any help on that?

I cant argue with the price as the Buckle alone was worth the $75 and it is orig.

• Like 1

I think Lenny can square this away! That is his main area?

Rich

Edited by Richard Auld
  • Upvote 1

Here is the problem these days!

Ebay de!

These are crude but there are better ones available.

Notice the incomplete swastika to comply with ebay and you could probably get away with that if it was a light strike!

Rich

waa.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hello Tony,

Hope all is well with you and Ollie is getting better.

Anymore of your great collection to show us......I hope so!

I am of the France on the 26th July and back on 15 or 30 September. I want to go to the Hurtgen Forest where the US troops had a helluva time fighting the ardent Nazis, there is a lot to be found so I may take the detector - not really sure at the moment.

There is so much to see in and find in France, the dropping grounds, for example the SOE Heroine I met Pearl Witherington(Cornioley) had over 25 containers dropped in a few drops during one operation to the DZ of her Maquis in the Eure-de-Loire ( she was the chief of over 2, 700 Maquis ) and what a bloody performance, - the containers were dropped 1-2 kms short, scattered everywhere, stuck in trees and woods, one exploded on hitting the ground as full of high explosives and grenades, but the local Maquis got the lot on horses/ bullocks and carts and transported them to different farms and hid them away. But she and her Maquis succeeded in killing over 150 Germans during their battle of Souchet?......But my absolute pleasure and honour to meet her 3 times.....Vive La Maquis and SOE.

Best wishes as always...Ian

Pearl in the Maquis.jpg

pearl at Valencay memorial 1997.jpg

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Desert Rat said:

Hello Tony,

Hope all is well with you and Ollie is getting better.

Anymore of your great collection to show us......I hope so!

I am of the France on the 26th July and back on 15 or 30 September. I want to go to the Hurtgen Forest where the US troops had a helluva time fighting the ardent Nazis, there is a lot to be found so I may take the detector - not really sure at the moment.

There is so much to see in and find in France, the dropping grounds, for example the SOE Heroine I met Pearl Witherington(Cornioley) had over 25 containers dropped in a few drops during one operation to the DZ of her Maquis in the Eure-de-Loire ( she was the chief of over 2, 700 Maquis ) and what a bloody performance, - the containers were dropped 1-2 kms short, scattered everywhere, stuck in trees and woods, one exploded on hitting the ground as full of high explosives and grenades, but the local Maquis got the lot on horses/ bullocks and carts and transported them to different farms and hid them away. But she and her Maquis succeeded in killing over 150 Germans during their battle of Souchet?......But my absolute pleasure and honour to meet her 3 times.....Vive La Maquis and SOE.

Best wishes as always...Ian

Pearl in the Maquis.jpg

pearl at Valencay memorial 1997.jpg

Sounds like it will be a great trip, Ian.

• Thanks 1

Many Thanks Tony,

I, hope it will be, I will visit many boot fairs along the way and hope to find some super items....I Missed some 3 years ago in Normandy, x1 original car SS pennant (30 euros) and some other great items, but I bought a swastika armband with oak leaves in gold thread for 25 euros and sold for £150..Nice One! . Went there last year and it was postponed due to rain, so I may be lucky when I visit again this year,.   

Are you looking for anything in particular, that I may be able to find for you?  Please let me know.. 

Very Best Wishes Good Friend.....To You All.....IanB

• Thanks 1