Army Dagger of Major Georg Briel

kegan32

This is the personal Army Dagger of Major Georg Briel who was a commander of an Afrika Korps unit under Field Marshal Rommel.  Decorations shown are not his, just a set up of the ones he was awarded.  If anyone has any documents or items that belonged to Maj Briel, would like to hear from them.  Looking for a personal picture with autograph.

Briel Dagger.jpg

Edited by kegan32
mispelled word
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Kegan,

Welcome to MCN, you have some great items here and very interesting, with a super image.

Thanks for showing us.

Type into Google and you will find all the info and images of him.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Major+Georg+Briel&tbm=isch&source=hp&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjyquHBxsPjAhWMa8AKHWHZAvAQsAR6BAgJEAE&biw=1366&bih=531

Best to you.....Desert Rat/ Ian

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Desert Rat.  Now all I need is a personalized photo autograph and also some of his original documents.  From what I learned several years ago, all his awards, etc were broken up and sold individually.  Like looking for a needle in a haystack I guess.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

@kegan32, very impressive! love it, thanks for sharing. I will check with in the Afrika Korps collecting community on your "wants" requests. here is a link to a very good source for Documents.Cheers!

http://www.kurland-docs.com/

• Thanks 1

Hello Tony,

Well you are the man who can assist with this, you have a great knowledge, you could be the man who finds what Kegan is looking for.

That's why we are all here on MCN...not to critisize but to help and assist each other who do not have the knowledge for each and every item!

WELL DONE MCN.....WE LOVE IT...!!!

Best wishes as always.....Ian

• Thanks 1