Facebook Guff

Lenny

• Field Marshall
GOT MITTENS BUCKLE GROUP TAKEN DOWN BY FACEBOOK.

No warning, nothing, just deleted. Thousands of members, thousands of pictures, all gone...

MeWe is crap, not going through this again, I'm takling all my pics/discussion etc. back to web forums. My server, my rules...

If you want to talk militaria, see you here on the MCN web forum...
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Perhaps Lenny, but not for one minute do I believe that the US or other intelligence agencies are not storing every piece of data that they can.

It is raw, free and tagged intelligence, they only need a programme that will sort through it all for them, I don't know if such things are possible but say a programme that sifted people that mention certian words or phrases, then they could be marked for further research. I don't think we are far off '1984' with regards 'Big Brother'.

• Like 1

Interesting stuff Val! It would be nice if the press or FB would just report the news without directing you what to think, ah, the good old days, it was much easier to detect spin. Very difficult for the kids today that grow up with this constant bombardment of propaganda.

Rich

In my view, FB have scored a mighty own goal. If I was a shareholder I’d be absolutely fuming. Anyway, glad to have came across this site and will be happy to support it financially. The info I’ve received from knowledgeable collectors has been invaluable.

Sod FB, let’s concentrate on this site!

Psyche

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lenny said:

No warning, nothing, just deleted. Thousands of members, thousands of pictures, all gone...

MeWe is crap, not going through this again, I'm takling all my pics/discussion etc. back to web forums. My server, my rules...

Damn, I went on there this morning, havent really been on FB much lately, but its shocking all the groups gone. Well, we have the best right here on the MCN anyway. FB sucks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Lenny said:

My 2 cents worth 

Fu#k Facebook 

fuckerberg .jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I fail to see how FB can do this and then not take down massive military, and re-enactor weekends that are very common in the US, from what I,ve seen they have large scale battles of all era,s including WW2 with huge compliments of German re-enactors , this is purely a case of "We can do what we like and theres nothing you can do about it". What really riles me is that they can post some of the nastiest subjects, people that commit suicide, hunters killing animals for sport, not for food , just so that they can stick a head up on a wall and say look how brave I,am . I,m sorry ,as I know that not all of our friends over the pond do this , but Suckerturd and his FB moron workers are nothing more than internet bullys.I have made complaints to FB on many occasions re the type of  subjects that they show and they always say that it does,nt contravein their policies, to be frank thats a load of bullshit .I was going to say a load of ballhawks, but I did,nt want to appear rude. The sooner FB goes under the better for everyone

• Like 1

• Field Marshall
On 11/08/2019 at 05:37, Davejb said:

I fail to see how FB can do this and then not take down massive military, and re-enactor weekends that are very common in the US, from what I,ve seen they have large scale battles of all era,s including WW2 with huge compliments of German re-enactors , this is purely a case of "We can do what we like and theres nothing you can do about it". What really riles me is that they can post some of the nastiest subjects, people that commit suicide, hunters killing animals for sport, not for food , just so that they can stick a head up on a wall and say look how brave I,am . I,m sorry ,as I know that not all of our friends over the pond do this , but Suckerturd and his FB moron workers are nothing more than internet bullys.I have made complaints to FB on many occasions re the type of  subjects that they show and they always say that it does,nt contravein their policies, to be frank thats a load of bullshit .I was going to say a load of ballhawks, but I did,nt want to appear rude. The sooner FB goes under the better for everyone

Yes, but their platform, their rules. If I'm honest some of the muppets have nobody to blame but themselves. We see far more cockwombles on Fb than we ever saw on forums...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe it finally happened. I know it has been talked about for a long time but just to pull the plug like that. I have been using FB less and less these days and the MCN page was one of the few reasons I kept returning. Need to make the most of this website now! 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • Field Marshall

Sorry for the delay in reporting this, but I managed to get all my FB groups back.. ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Great One Lenny,

How you done that I'll never know..you clever Bugger!

Best to you...Ian

6 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Sorry for the delay in reporting this, but I managed to get all my FB groups back.. ;)

Bad news for the forum ;)

Good news for the modern generation.

There is just no order to the FB sites in general.

• Like 1

• Field Marshall

Had another warning on FB... sigh...

Lenny I think they will eventually shut them all down.

Ironically enough I have just started watching the 1956 version of 1984 on youtube.

Will finish it tomorrow, night shift tonight.

Rich

• Like 1

On 04/10/2019 at 16:26, Lenny said:

Nice, but i’m not going back to Facebook e.g. make a new account. I just checked out MeWe and the prices of normal Ek2’s are rocketing sky high. So, i’ll be checking dealer websites and marketplaces from now on for military related stuff. As you stated before about Mewe Lenny, it’s rubbish haha!

cheers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just over on Lenny's facebook page, everyone bitching about what FB has done again. I don't understand why they don't come over here? Or is it they just like to stay on FB so then complain how unfair it is.  I just don't get it. Always the same people too 

• Like 2

• Field Marshall
On 27/10/2019 at 01:22, Mike H said:

Just over on Lenny's facebook page, everyone bitching about what FB has done again. I don't understand why they don't come over here? Or is it they just like to stay on FB so then complain how unfair it is.  I just don't get it. Always the same people too 

FB is easy, especially on a mobile, although it has no structure... i still love web forums but I have neglected this forum recently, sorry, but I'm back now. ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 months later...