Knight’s Cross Formal Award and Presentation Booklet

ahrtal

A bit over a year ago I saw an advert for a moving sale. There was a picture of the document. I naturally figured it for a repro, but I had my daughter pick it up for me, as it was out of state, but a few miles from her. She picked it up and found out it was picked up by a soldier in the 8th Armored Division. Little else was known about it. I had never seen a real one, but had read up on them because of the artistry involved. After my daughter brought it to me, I realized it was genuine and the signature was not autopen applied. It was a genuine signature.

• Thanks 1

Perhaps and auction site would be better?

Best Rich

Perhaps and auction site would be better?

Best Rich

At this point, I am not sure what to do. Guess the medal is sexier, although these command high prices, too. Too bad the GI didn’t pick up the medal, too. Maybe there wasn’t one since it was a posthumous award.  I’ll have to check out the auction sites. Doubt if collectors of really rare stuff even use FB, MeWe, etc.

I wouldn't wait too long, the generation that paid big money for these sort of things are fading away and the new generation are not prepared to pay 80s 90s prices.

Despite what the high end dealers say there is a slow down in the hobby and many older collectors are cashing in their lifetime collections.

I have a friend doing it now as his wife has told him to get something back now as if anything happened to him she would skip it.

I collect paper now myself but there is no way in the world I would pay what they ask at auction for it, I am a tight Jock though!

Good luck however it pans out!

Rich

My wife said the same thing. I have stuff for sale at competitive prices, but no luck. I should have started selling in the 80s.🙄

Edited by ahrtal

I think it is difficult to judge.

What is competative?

If a dealer buys at 50% of the percived market value then you have to be around that mark I would think?

But then what is the percived market value?

Who sets that?

Why is a KVK at Weitze for example more original and more valuable than one from a car boot or flohmarkt say?

Who is calling the shots and how much longer can they get a way with it.

Sure rare, truely rare stuff will always be of interest but for the most of us normal stuff is within the realistic price range and will be the norm?