Hello from the Netherlands

Tony B.

Some may already recognize my collection from certain FB groups, but I’m new to this community. I’ve just started collecting 3 years ago but I have to say, it’s an addiction that I will probably have till I die :) Beside the WAF forum I’ve been mainly active on FB until now, but with the recent developments on FB and MeWe not at it's full capacity, I'm now widening my horizon, and I have to say, what I saw until now on this forum I do like. Definitely some big advantages here when you compare it with the outdated WAF. One of the biggest advantages is how easy it's here to upload pictures. The hassle of uploading pictures on the WAF is one of the reasons why I stopped updating my collecting there. But enough about that, let’s focus on this forum. With a lot of joy I’ve been reading ‘funksammler’ topics about communication equipment. I have no technical knowledge about this stuff but it does intrigue me, as I have a little communication corner myself, even though most of it is just for display purposes and doesn’t work except for the Torn.

What got me into collecting WW2 German Militaria? Well, the fact that I have an original WW2 bomb shelter under my house. It was built during the war to house German staff members, as was the rest of the neighbourhood. It’s located near the German border close to the city of Aachen. Three years ago I started restoring it to WW2 specs and this is the result at the moment. Enjoy.........

Cheers Tony

20190609_173127.jpg

20180601_112111.png

20190607_223359.jpg

20190609_172419.jpg

20190607_213834.jpg

20190607_220027.jpg

20190503_135708.jpg

20190806_093833.jpg

20190621_200612.jpg

20190621_200432.jpg

20190621_200547.jpg

20190609_172709.jpg

20190614_210639.jpg

20190612_163603.jpg

20190609_172934.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
2 hours ago, Tony B. said:

Some may already recognize my collection from certain FB groups, but I’m new to this community. I’ve just started collecting 3 years ago but I have to say, it’s an addiction that I will probably have till I die :) Beside the WAF forum I’ve been mainly active on FB until now, but with the recent developments on FB and MeWe not at it's full capacity, I'm now widening my horizon, and I have to say, what I saw until now on this forum I do like. Definitely some big advantages here when you compare it with the outdated WAF. One of the biggest advantages is how easy it's here to upload pictures. The hassle of uploading pictures on the WAF is one of the reasons why I stopped updating my collecting there. But enough about that, let’s focus on this forum. With a lot of joy I’ve been reading ‘funksammler’ topics about communication equipment. I have no technical knowledge about this stuff but it does intrigue me, as I have a little communication corner myself, even though most of it is just for display purposes and doesn’t work except for the Torn.

What got me into collecting WW2 German Militaria? Well, the fact that I have an original WW2 bomb shelter under my house. It was built during the war to house German staff members, as was the rest of the neighbourhood. It’s located near the German border close to the city of Aachen. Three years ago I started restoring it to WW2 specs and this is the result at the moment. Enjoy.........

Cheers Tony

Welcome, now that is VERY impressive, I'm jealous...

Yes, WAF is creaking at the seams, but Seb doesn't seem to care..

I made sure MCn was on a solid server, my own, and has unlimited picture upload/storage through Amazon S3.. ;)

Only problem, most people prefer to use Fb as it's easy/convenient. However, MCN is now great on a mobile, try it. ;)

We just need ot get more people back on here, busy it up...

• Like 1

Hi Lenny,

I will spread the word. Btw I thought MCN didn't have a FB group anymore after the recent takedown by FB, or am I mistaken?

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
2 hours ago, Tony B. said:

Hi Lenny,

I will spread the word. Btw I thought MCN didn't have a FB group anymore after the recent takedown by FB, or am I mistaken?

We lost our sales group and our buckle group. The main MCN group is still there, but not convinced it'll last much longer.. :(

To be hounest, don't be sad about it. FB days regarding militaria are counted. Some people keep making new groups, and for sales pages that might work, but for pages that are about sharing info and collections, it sucks when you loose all the content build op when the page gets removed, over and over again. So  personally I think it's better to forget about FB and start focussing on MeWe or forums like this one.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Yeah sure. These are the only pics I have on my phone at the moment though.

20190614_210823.jpg

20190614_210736.jpg

20190612_092906.jpg

20190610_132432.jpg

20190609_172747.jpg

20190804_120229.jpg

• Thanks 2

Did receive this HLS.a yesterday also. It's not 100% complete, so that's kind of a new project now for me. 

20190815_185404.jpg

20190815_185317.jpg

20190815_185339.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Superb collection TonyB, 

Thanks for showing is, I am sure we are pretty envios of what you have....Well I am!

Best to you.....Desert Rat/ Ian

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Field Marshall

Agreed about FB/MeWe, much better being back in forums.

Pic upload is the most important bit for me, which is why i host them on Amazon S3, unlimited fast storage...