Detail strip of cyq P38

TomChance

I decided, for the first time, to perform an armorer’s level disassembly of my 1944 Spreewerk (cyq) P38 for a little “deep cleaning.” I was pleasantly surprised (And more than just a little relieved) to learn this was a fairly simple process, requiring little more than a screwdriver and punch for tools. After I cleaned it, I re-assembled it and performed a function check. Everything went smoothly!

019CF26C-AD92-404F-9769-B33D003E33FA.jpeg

164090E5-8788-4D71-9F24-73233ABE041E.jpeg

2FB7120A-1266-4824-9994-88963D6A6A47.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When I take things apart I allways have bits left over!!!

Edited by Richard Auld
  • Haha 1

Knowing my luck if I did a complete strip down of a P38 and re assembled then pulled the trigger The gun would fire backwards!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Possible Dave, I would be the same, good at stripping down and putting back together..mmmm always seems to be more difficult. Anyway way made me chuckle what you wrote....just hope it dosent fire backwards...!!!

Lovely Pistol Tom.....Hope you got it all back together correctly....yeh sure you did.

Thanks for showing is.......Bes to you....Desert Rat/ Ian

• 2 years later...

in some cases a total take down is not necessary. you can remove the grip panels and put the frame in a pot of mineral spirits (paint thinner). it will not hurt the finish at all. use a tooth brush (soft) and bore brush for the barrel. after cleaning blow dry and then use gun oil and grease to lube. spirits dissolves old grease, and fouling.