Canadian Steel Mark II Liner Identification?

SCMuseum

Hello,
I've been going through a collection of military headgear and identifying the shells and liners to the best of my ability. I've come across this liner that I can't identify in the slightest. It is currently in a Canadian steel mark II 1942 shell produced by Canadian Motor Lamp Co. of Windsor. The shell still has the bales but no chinstrap and is in great condition, possibly never saw much combat.

The liner is not like any one I've come across or can find online. I have been unable to identify the manufacturer's stamp, though it looks super familiar. It's not an original liner, but beyond that I'm stumped. This liner has its own bales and a chinstrap. Instead of rubber bumpers it has steel pressure ones. I've attached some images of the liner below.

Any help identifying it would be much appreciated!

SCM_2002_3_1.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Looks like a US M1917 A 1 liner, pre WW2

20190907_143728[1].jpg

20190907_143923[1].jpg

Edited by Afrikakorpsrat64
added photo
  • Like 1

Spot on @Afrikakorpsrat64 the liner is indeed from a Model 1917 A-1 from the look of the liner @SCMuseum this particular example would have been produced post 1936 till production ceased in 1940 I have seen a few examples of Canadian Mk II helmet bodies fitted with the Model 1917 A-1 liner over the years unfortunately I can find no information as to why they were fitted with US liners as opposed to the standard Canadian Mk II liners...Just speculation on my part but perhaps they were fitted as part of a trials program ...

Regards Mark Kozowy 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Mark,

I hope you are well, and at last found out about the liner...Good News for you!

Best wishes......Desert Rat/ Ian