Afrikakorpsrat64

Nice type 90

Afrikakorpsrat64

Nice text book and complete, unmessed with Japanese type 90. Came out of China and most likely from the 2nd sino war. Thanks to my friend Paul Fisher. This is the best one I have ever owned, and has been on my want list for many years. Proud and very happy to have this one on my shelf!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Sino-Japanese_War

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

20190907_135710[1].jpg

Edited by Afrikakorpsrat64

Afrikakorpsrat64

@KingTiggy80 here is my latest one, you will see it when you come next time. I may also have my Q66 M40 by then! 😉

Richard Auld

Nice helmet, I don't have a Japanese helmet yet, that and Italian are missing from the Axis side.

Rich

Davejb

Very nice mate, I am still trying to find an engineering company who will make the small studs that hold the internal brackets for the securing straps, Mark did an amazing job on those brackets and sent me those quite a while back. I will get it done somehow, I have,nt given up looking or trying

Afrikakorpsrat64

@Davejb have you tried the  Hikishop? I got mine from there when I restored this one

15679815303353442679983172552268.jpg

15679815609776482623228695125221.jpg

Davejb

I,m not sure those are the ones mate, look on the outside of the helmet, there are two small studs which go through the helmet and secure the internal piece that those round rings attache to, its those small studs that I ,m having trouble with, I cant get them anywhere nor get anyone to make them, Mark made the internal pieces and I have them, but without those studs I cant do anything, its driving me barmy 

Mark K

@Davejbgive me a couple of days and I will see about building you some studs/rivets I may have to use copper or aluminum instead of steel though the upside is they will be easier to set..

Regards Mark

Davejb

Bloody hell Mark, I dont know how I can repay you for all you,ve done for me, but now to make the rivets as well,,,, If you are ever over here, you let me know, and we,ll have a right old booze up and I.ll show you around a few places, and also a visit to Duxford. 

Thankyou my friend   Dave

KingTiggy80

Nice helmet Tony I look forward to seeing it in person. That shelf is looking pretty full. 

Desert Rat

Hello Tony,

That is a great looking helmet as well as the other items on display. Thanks for the images.

Wishing you well and hope all is OK with you.

Best wishes me ol mate.....Ian/ Desert Rat

Mark K
On 10/09/2019 at 16:49, Davejb said:

Bloody hell Mark, I dont know how I can repay you for all you,ve done for me, but now to make the rivets as well,,,, If you are ever over here, you let me know, and we,ll have a right old booze up and I.ll show you around a few places, and also a visit to Duxford. 

Thankyou my friend   Dave

Morning @Davejb been a busy week at work I have built a little press to get the top of the rivet heads the right size so I will get on them early next week... Any chance you could measure the circumference of the hole in the helmet body were the rivets/studs will be passing through I would hate to guess and you receive them and the are to large to pass through the holes...

Regards Mark

P1080994.JPG

Desert Rat

Hello Mark,

Hope you don't mind me making a comment regarding your excellent craftsmanship in assisting Dave, he is well pleased with your kind assistance, and it's good to see how we can help each other on MCN.

Well Done Mark.

Best wishes to you both.....Ian

Davejb

Sorry Mark, not been on for a few days, not to well at the moment, I,ll get those measurements for you today, Thanks mate

Mark K
31 minutes ago, Davejb said:

Sorry Mark, not been on for a few days, not to well at the moment, I,ll get those measurements for you today, Thanks mate

Cheers @Davejbas time permits mate no rush on my account hope you feel better..

Regards Mark

Davejb

Mark sorry for the delay but the wife has put a lot of stuff up in the loft, I,ve got to get up there and find the bloody helmet, its packed up there, and my leg is still playing me up, but no matter what I will get up there this week, thanks for waiting