Scary M16

KingTiggy80

Just got this Q66 put together on a display head. Still have to get the chinstrap sewn up on one end so haven't put it on yet. Not very knowledgeable on gasmask's but looks authentic to me also has the container with no strap's. Didn't think of my three year old daughter when I put it up on the shelf. But she won't go in that room now. Tried to show her it's not real to no avail. Anyone else ever have this problem?

KIMG0816.JPG

KIMG0819.JPG

KIMG0818.JPG

KIMG0817.JPG

• Upvote 1

I see them now and again on the markets here without the masks, they tend to be full of nails and screws and such like. Straps would be a lucky find on a tin after 100plus years. I can keep my eyes open, one of my pals is liquidation his collection now. He has a a stick grenade from the first war but I am not sure what else he has in that area as it is not really my focus.

Rich

On 15/09/2019 at 17:09, KingTiggy80 said:

Just got this Q66 put together on a display head. Still have to get the chinstrap sewn up on one end so haven't put it on yet. Not very knowledgeable on gasmask's but looks authentic to me also has the container with no strap's. Didn't think of my three year old daughter when I put it up on the shelf. But she won't go in that room now. Tried to show her it's not real to no avail. Anyone else ever have this problem?

KIMG0816.JPG

KIMG0819.JPG

KIMG0818.JPG

KIMG0817.JPG

Looks great with the Helmet!

• Thanks 1

Hello Tony,

Yes you are right.....Scary.....But super items and great images.

Just sold my WW1 German 1915  got a good price for it. Haven't seen any, anywhere like mine for 10 years, I would have much prefered for you to buy it...but money always a big crapper to find the money for items that we know are a  - Very good bargain - for our collection or to sell on for a profit.

Like all my French Resistance items, too many here to list....but I may start a new topic on them all with images.

Still got the original French Resistance used/ found in the roof of a farmhouse that was in the Ardeche HQ (Sten Gun (MK2) I fired in France, but here in the UK now and all a deact now UK/EU 2018... but it all makes a superb display with the brassards/ armbands of all the hundreds of FFI/FTP/FTPF/ MUR/ FFL/ CDL/ SNCF/  brassards that were made/ fabricated for every Maquis unit across France....They ALL wanted to be seen (especially when they knew the invasion was coming) joined up and when their city, town - resau was liberated - on with the armbands.

Best Wishes My Friend...&..Take Care

IanB/ UK

DSC_0052.thumb.JPG.d4162340c4a9fdefb575b988a35354e0.jpg

• Upvote 1