WW2 NAZI DESK PENNANT?

Desert Rat

Hello To you all,

Can anyone assist ...Please.

I have bought this WW2 Nazi pendant (which I was told by the seller) that it was a prominent item and had to be seen on an officer's desk, it would have had I believe a brass type of hook to hang it on which was about 18 inches long? and secured into a polished wood square base.

Thank you all for your kind assistance.....Desert Rat/ Ian

thumbnail_DSC_0059.jpg

Ian,

I should take it back, it is very poor quality, see attached picture for areas that are inconsistant with period production.

If it is from that time period then could have been made by a kid for example as a school project but not the story you have been sold.

Note the swastika is not straight or centred on the white circle.

Note the white circle is not circular.

bollocks1.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks to you both for your comments,

Rich...you are the expert.....Thanks

Val....Brilliant idea to spend my money on, but there is NO swaztika on the front of her Alan's / knickers....probably worth a lot more if they had?

Not to worry I sold it and made a profit

Best wishes to you both...Ian

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Upvote 1

I am not an expert but that is Billy Basic stuff.

Are you going to refund the poor person?

Rich

• Thanks 1

Ian, 

Still no answer?

Are you a fraudster?

You seem quite pleased that you fliped it at a profit regardless of its authenticity, why did you even ask on this thread if it was already gone?

Do you beleive everything the 'seller' tells you as that seems to be a trend in your posts?

Not to worry eh?

Rich

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

I make a sincere apology to you all on MCN for this about the Nazi pennant, I realise that I have made a grave error and will sort this out with the buyer. NO I am not a fraudster and resent any who claim I am, I had already sold the pennant before I showed it on MCN...therefore it is my obligation to my honesty and integrity that I will resolve this in every way possible!!!

MY SINCERE APOLOGY AGAIN.

Hello,

Regarding the Nazi pennant, I have the buyer here NOW with me who has had this appraised by an expert on Nazi items...from London, he being a professional has been shown this and authenticated this item as 100% ORIGINAL, and the buyer is very happy with the sale and pleased with it. 

Ian,

One born every minute, be interesting to hear who appraised it?

If he is a professional then do you concede that you are clueless.

I can't wait to see some poor twat post this up on some other forum and have it ripped apart.

I have just grabbed a handful of arm bands, a mass produced item, similar in many ways.

Note the swastika is central and properly alligned.

Note the arms of the swastika are uniform in lenghth and width.

Note the swastika sits centraly within the white circular background (or diamond).

Note the lack of artificial aging.

Perhaps you should get the buyer and appraiser on here too to discuss the item?

Whilst I am not an expert (I don't believe there truly is such a person alive) I have a good idea and have been collecting in this area for 40 years.

Best

Rich

CIMG1687.JPG

bollocks1 (2).jpg

Edited by Richard Auld
  • Thanks 1

Ian, could you please supply the name of this "expert" from London, I,m sure that there are many on this forum who have a vast knowledge of various dealers and collectors and persons of repute and will be able to confirm that this person has given you either bad or good advice. But I find it a bit strange and somewhat insulting that you are on a forum where you will agree that there are more than enough persons on here who are considered  pretty much top in their field of collecting, and yet you decided to go elsewhere for advice when doubt was cast on authenticity, even though you have been a member here for a long time. If you do not know this "expert" personally then I,m sure the buyer of the pennant will be able to give you the details, thankyou

• Thanks 1

Hello Dave,

I am sorry that this is causing such a controversy on MCN. Yes, you have very knowledegable people on this website of Military Items and their advice is exceptionally well established.

I also explained to him even before he purchased it, that it could be a fake and he should take it to an expert for advice, but he was completely adamant he would find his own expert, and I mentioned that I would try and get some advice on MCN.(which later in this message I have explained) The man who bought this from me, came here yesterday from South London, I explained to him very honestly that due to the advice received (on MCN) that it is a fake, he read the details and comments from other MCN staff, and disagreed with the comments made, I offered him his full money back and to keep the pennant, but he refused it because ....HE was the one who got the experts advice on it NOT me! He would not give me the name of his "expert" or the company/ auction house/ Military Shop that he took it to. He disagreed with you and me and emphasised that his "expert" knew better than all of us.....And he still refused to accept my offer, as he was completely satisfied with his own personal appraisal...So I believe that I was decent, honest and gave him a generous opportunity to accept my offer....I could do NO more, but I tried.

THIS IS FINISHED BY ME.....I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF CRITICISM, SO ANY MORE COMPLAINTS AGAINST ME WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED.......I TOLD YOU ALL, I DONE MY BEST AND THAT'S IT, SO FOR YOU AND ME IT'S FINISHED...SORRY TO SAY FOR ONE MEMBER HE SEEMS TO WANT TO CONTINUE THIS ...WHY, WHY, WHY....???

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

Ian,

I continued only because of the thread title and your first post requesting assistance and then it turned into Jackanory?

I thought I was helping you out but it turns out I wasn't as you didn't get the response you wanted perhaps?

I am passionate about my hobby and the history, I don't like to see anyone ripped off even stupid people.

I think your dad would better understand.

I will now do as I promised and avoid you if you do me the same favour, that includes your likes, dislikes, up votes , left votes , right votes and down votes, I am not into that shiet.

Best Regards

Rich

Edited by Richard Auld