Fraud Again, what can we do?

Richard Auld

Guys,

Just been thinking about the mechanics of the flip artist, so what can we do?

I have just thought that if before an item goes for sale or trade it should be listed for discussion in the appropriate section?

Either torn a new arse or voted ok?

Good, bad or indifferent?

Rich

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Its a good idea Rich, but again we cannot force members to post their items, we rely on all the members to ether know what they have, ie genuine etc, and its only if someone is unsure of something in there collection, then they can ,if needed get other opinions, and most will do that, but also some may not and we would never know

• Thanks 1

One option would be to create fake item advice section. Honest sellers who are in doubt,

post item there and ask advice. If item is posted on sale and someone's expert

eye catches fake, he can always start topic about his doubts in that fake item advice

section too...

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Davejb said:

Its a good idea Rich, but again we cannot force members to post their items, we rely on all the members to ether know what they have, ie genuine etc, and its only if someone is unsure of something in there collection, then they can ,if needed get other opinions, and most will do that, but also some may not and we would never know

We can't force them but is there not a way to automatically generate a thread for discussion as soon as an item is posted for trade or sale?

I am generally tight for time, in the future and indeed recently I will post items I have found and if they are up for trade then post only one picture and refer back to the thread, then if someone has an issue they can state it on the original thread.

If it is wrong it could then perhaps not be taken down but transfered to a thread about fakes as Val has suggested?

Perhaps too much work for the mods?

Rich

• Upvote 1

I would think that a good idea, perhaps a note to Lenny see if its viable, I cant see a problem, but see if he,s willing to create a sub section, its no problem re the mods as far as I can see

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Field Marshall

I’ve not been on in ages, let me catch up...

without catching up, I’d advise against accusing people of fraud. Often items are sold in good faith, but as said, I need to read al the posts before I comment.

• Thanks 2

There should be NO topics on here regarding FRAUD, whoever they are put up by, unless it goes through Lenny FIRST...!!!....

The stupidity of these is that it is NOT good at all for MCN and any and all members on here.....Now those who add these topics (as you Demanded of me..You know who you are) Think First, Think twice ....Or Don't do it, or you will ruin and spoil everything for us all. We are all accountable on here as responsible members and should act with respect to each other and NOT cause any divisions between any of us...!!!

Desert Rat

For the record no one was accused of fraud on this thread, it is a general discussion about how to minimise the impact of fraud. We all know it is rife on various fora! If anyone is feeling targeted or guilty then that is up to them.

• Major General
On 25/09/2019 at 10:26, Richard Auld said:

We can't force them but is there not a way to automatically generate a thread for discussion as soon as an item is posted for trade or sale?

I am generally tight for time, in the future and indeed recently I will post items I have found and if they are up for trade then post only one picture and refer back to the thread, then if someone has an issue they can state it on the original thread.

If it is wrong it could then perhaps not be taken down but transfered to a thread about fakes as Val has suggested?

Perhaps too much work for the mods?

Rich

Not too much work, rather that the mods have real lives, families, jobs etc

It probably dosen't read well in hind sight, that is what I mean, I don't know how time consumming that would be or if it would be practical at all is what I meant it to say.

33 minutes ago, Richard Auld said:

It probably dosen't read well in hind sight, that is what I mean, I don't know how time consumming that would be or if it would be practical at all is what I meant it to say.

We do what we can. But for one thing - here should be ZERO tolerance regarding fraud!

If anyone has any suspicion, let me know, either publicly or privately and i escalate it.

• Upvote 1