Warm weather Krad Jacket

Richard Auld

I agree once I get caught up on some bills I would like to find something like this. And it's In great shape. Thanks Rich for the pics.

Eric

• Like 1

Hello Tony & King

Yes very nice coat, would'nt mind one myself, not sure on the price to buy one? .........But we would all look good in it...!!!

Very Best Mates......Ian

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

• 1 month later...

I live about 100 yards away from the River Lee, in Hertfordshire, This afternoon I took a quick stroll down the river, I dont get out much because of my bad hip, but I had my pain killers with me. There were a few people fishing and I asked them as to what was caught etc, as I was about to leave to go home, there was this one guy that caught my attention mainly because of what he was wearing. I thought theres no way he,s wearing that, but he was, I recognised his long coat, It was a Krad jacket, buttons and all, except no shoulder boards, I asked him where he got it from and bugger me , he got it from an Oxfam shop in the town, about three weeks ago, I was gutted, I normally go around the thrift stores as I have picked up some good buys in the past, militaria etc, but this guy was using it for fishing!!!!!!!, I   had to ask him how much, £20 bloody quid, that will teach me for being ill. I did ask if there were any markings inside and If he would sell it to me, but I think he got the idea that there was something special about the coat and said he wanted to keep it, When I got back home I double checked on the post here and yes I was right all except that his one was a little darker, The wife asked why I was cursing  to myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Davejb said:

I live about 100 yards away from the River Lee, in Hertfordshire, This afternoon I took a quick stroll down the river, I dont get out much because of my bad hip, but I had my pain killers with me. There were a few people fishing and I asked them as to what was caught etc, as I was about to leave to go home, there was this one guy that caught my attention mainly because of what he was wearing. I thought theres no way he,s wearing that, but he was, I recognised his long coat, It was a Krad jacket, buttons and all, except no shoulder boards, I asked him where he got it from and bugger me , he got it from an Oxfam shop in the town, about three weeks ago, I was gutted, I normally go around the thrift stores as I have picked up some good buys in the past, militaria etc, but this guy was using it for fishing!!!!!!!, I   had to ask him how much, £20 bloody quid, that will teach me for being ill. I did ask if there were any markings inside and If he would sell it to me, but I think he got the idea that there was something special about the coat and said he wanted to keep it, When I got back home I double checked on the post here and yes I was right all except that his one was a little darker, The wife asked why I was cursing  to myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn @Davejb! I thought I was the only guy that always is a day late and a dollar short,lol. I dont blame you for Cursing. Did the guy know what he had??

Val Yep, thats exactly how I felt mate, I,m still kicking myself now 😒

Edited by Davejb
  • Upvote 2

Tony, the guy had no idea, to him it was just a fishing coat to k,keep out the cold, pissed off ain,t the word

1 hour ago, Davejb said:

Tony, the guy had no idea, to him it was just a fishing coat to k,keep out the cold, pissed off ain,t the word

You must now start fishing, go there every day, become friend with the guy and eventually you get the coat ;)

I do fish but hav,nt done so for a year or more, because of illness, but I will keep going into the local Oxfam shops, I,ve had some pretty good bits of militaria  out of them plus some good hard to get military books, as for the coat, the least said about that the better, that will haunt me for quite some time lol

Dave, fishermen are creatures of habit, if you see him again offer him a better altenative, particularly now it is winter. get him a decent woodland POL Gortex surpluss jacket and try for a swap and a bit of cash, you never know but one thing is for sure this jacket is too old to still be working, you need to get it! Good luck!

Rich

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tony, I am 95% of the time too late or money short but that just makes it more fun, mostly!

Rich