KM belt and buckle

Richard Auld

Guys,

As stated above.

I used to use this one when I was serving to hold me combats up since no one could see it!

The belt has been shortened at some point!

Rich

CIMG1768.JPG

CIMG1767.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I knew, I was doing something before being distracted, so endlich!

CIMG1848.JPG

CIMG1850.JPG

CIMG1855.JPG

CIMG1853.JPG

• Like 2

Beautiful early belt and buckle. Really nice. Those KM variants are quite sought after, and rather expensive these days.
It was a common thing, that belts were shortened and leatherflaps for the buckle moved and often several re-issues during the war. I've seen many examples of this. 

👍

Best Regards

Björn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Bjorn.

I, hope you are all well, thanks for your comment, I do not know much about belt buckles......But I am sure you do.

Looking forward to seeing more of your collection on MCN.

Best to you all...Ian

• Thanks 1

Bjorn, yes, it makes sense but the only problem is with those is when was it done. Hard to judge if it was wartime or post war modification and I try to avoid them unless they have a cool buckle attached?

Rich

• Thanks 1

Well yes, I agree with you, but like with other stuff, you have to look at the whole picture. Like does the shortened end conform with the wear on the rest of the belt, do the seams for the leather flap look suspiciously new etc. I do not feel that if everything looks and feels ok around a belt that has been shortened, it does not detract much from the value. Belts that has this modification, should all be belts that show a lot of wear.

But on the other hand, one can never be too careful. I have seen a lot of belt buckles leather tabs wich I have dubious feelings about. The tabs did look like original ones, but the stitching on them was not something that I would expect to see if they were originally sewn on.  

• Like 1

Exactly Bjorn

Best to you...Ian

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

On 26/09/2019 at 19:54, Richard Auld said:

I used to use this one when I was serving to hold me combats up since no one could see it!

This is actually the part i like here.

You were well protected by that motto.

Bjorn,

Yes I have done all that in the past, just now that I can't be bothered. I have applied that logic to the Lodtz Y straps set and you can see where it does not add up, in that case I would have avoided the set had it been me. Besides I have enough belt leather now and things equipment, it all takes space compared to paper.

Val, it was a different time with different thoughts, I know I would be considered a 'blasphemer' if I did that now.....

Rich

Edited by Richard Auld