Random Dog Tags

Richard Auld

• 11 months later...

Rectangular tags with central perforations like this were also issued to British POWs in German camps - I have one from Stalag XVIII A with a 4 digit number on it. I believe the prisoner was required to sew it onto his outer clothes and wear at all times. I know the one I have is genuine as it came from a close family member.

Is there a separate thread on the forum for those kinds of tags?

• Thanks 1
Richard Auld
14 hours ago, HVS said:

Rectangular tags with central perforations like this were also issued to British POWs in German camps - I have one from Stalag XVIII A with a 4 digit number on it. I believe the prisoner was required to sew it onto his outer clothes and wear at all times. I know the one I have is genuine as it came from a close family member.

Is there a separate thread on the forum for those kinds of tags?

Start a new thread with it as the subject. They are found a lot where I am as we had a few PW camps near here (Bergen Belsen), Kev Greenhalgh that has just had to close his museum finds rather a lot of them at Fallingbostel It is an interesting area of research!

Best

Rich