Unusual A Frame battle packs

Richard Auld

Guys,

Way back, a german pal gave me these two items because he got a few of them from his neighbour.

The young soldier brought them home then went to Russia and was killed.

His neighbour was clearing out i the 80s and gave him these from the farm buildings.

Cost zero.

I know he had about 10 of each and that they are now out there somewhere.

I rather like the blue one but I insisted marine and he said no the lad was Army and that is just what they got from the stores?

Note the ink stamp on the blue one even though you can't read it, how German!!!

Rich

CIMG1836.JPG

CIMG1837.JPG

CIMG1838.JPG

CIMG1839.JPG

CIMG1840.JPG

CIMG1841.JPG

Edited by Richard Auld

I must now add that this MG cover was also found and aquired at the same time. In short they were all found together! 

CIMG1842.JPG

CIMG1843.JPG

• Like 1

Very interesting items.
The Systemschutz / MG cover is a version that I have not seen before. It does not look like a MG34 cover - at least not like the type that I have seen before. They are pretty rare, but they do show up from time to time.

The use of other color than green on canvas, was quite usual. I have seen quite a few other examples and found indicators of bluish canvas being used for Heer equipment, and not only for WL or WM.
I think that the collector community has (in many instances incorrectly) linked the different colors and shades to different branches of arms.

Edited by Björn
Adding more text to post

Yes, that is what I did then and was corrected by 'yoda' back then and as such always keep an open mind.

Much is atributed to the colour of many things, also paint, the worst being AK for just about all shades of yellow paint.

With regards the MG cover I have not given it any thought or research I got them back then and they went in a box, back then people were less interested in equipment and more interested in medals helmets daggers etc. Fancy stuff.

Equipment and it's variants are a late starters within the hobby and it was boosted by the re-enactment lot that needed the kit to look plausable?

If you find anything out about it be sure to post it here.

Rich

• Like 1