Posters

val

Are all these posters in this gallery, if so then that is a very rare collection

• 3 weeks later...

I have not seen it in colors before. I think the originals were in B/W.
It's a Norwegian recruitment poster for the SS Divisjon Wiking.
Drawn by the Norwegian Artist Harald Damsleth in 1944 ( I think )
Vår Ære Er Troskap is the SS slogan only in plural - as instead of Meine Ehre Heisst Treue it's UNSER Ehre Heisst Treue - Our Honor is Loyalty....
By 1944, the German Gemeinschaft ( Community ) as well as the Norwegian Nasjonal Samling - the only legal political party here during the german occupation - they was all in for the old nordic viking connection. Picturing the Warriors - The vikings in the ship, the working man, The men marching in black is the norwegian Hird - para military political organisation, and his family, defending their home and way of life against the dragon (proberbly communism)

I'm really not a poster guy, but I do have a nice original norwegian SS recruitment poster "Den Norske Legion" It's hanging in our stairwell.

IMG_0518.thumb.JPG.a863b41660fc331a763d90b9389fe14a.JPG 

This is the very first Norwegian recruitment poster for the Norwegian SS Legion, with the Norwegian and Finnish flag in the background.
Also Drawn by Harald Damsleth, but  in 1941

Edited by Björn
  • Like 1

Very nice.
Damsleth was an exellent artist, no doubt. He has some very apealling motives on his posters.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Björn said:

Very nice.
Damsleth was an exellent artist, no doubt. He has some very apealling motives on his posters.

Yes, and from that gallery i found for  myself what i was looking for - nice high-resolution version

for printing :)

http://galleria.thule-italia.com/wp-content/gallery/damsleth/dams37.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, I think so. The tree of life. The old man in the middle is possible Odin as well. And the two ravens above, Hugin and Munin.
The poster is full of connections to the nordic mythology.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Björn said:

Yes, I think so. The tree of life. The old man in the middle is possible Odin as well. And the two ravens above, Hugin and Munin.
The poster is full of connections to the nordic mythology.

Thanks, that's why i like that poster so much. Soon it will be hanging on my wall :)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Davejb said:

Is this the one you bought , Val, ??

No, this is from internet. But nevertheless nice one!