Stamped cloth

Nikola Rudie

I was offered this piece of cloth found in an attic the other day. Looks to me like a supply sack, only its not a sack. It's 2 meters long and 70cm wide.

Anyone have an idea what it is?

IMG-2569a2347c6d754da5681f858d6a24df-V.jpg

IMG-b88f9a81116272771439054ee3d39abd-V.jpg

• Thanks 1

Forgot to add that the two woven stripes are dark blue, if that matters at all.

Then it is only half a sack. Two of them would be sewn together make a sack and they are stamped so that if you turn the bag inside out the markings are always visible. The more common type is the H.Verpfl. with date and that is the army version (H for Heer). Can't say I have seen a Luftwaffe version but it probably exists somewhere?

Rich

Edited by Richard Auld
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here are two that I have to hand the the left one is  more repair than sack and has been used post war by a mill. The other 3 picture are again of a repaired sack but they have unfotunately used the eagle part of another sack, it has also been used post war by the looks of the half hearted denazification.

Rich

CIMG1874.JPG

CIMG1875.JPG

CIMG1876.JPG

CIMG1877.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks people, very helpful!

Any suggestions as to a price? 

My guess is "not a lot"😁

• Like 1

It is a bit more unusual being marine but that said it is only a half, it would perhaps be good as a display item backdrop/background. My mate picked up an army last week for €10 I have seen them around €20/€30 at the fleamarkets. Up to you really what you are willing to pay, I would not pay a lot but I am a tight Jock and I am in Germany so they turn up more often?!

Rich

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Mate,

while looking for some bayonets I found a box of these, I didn't think I had a Marine but it appears I do. The late war army with the eagle and date stamp etc all on one sheet is not double sided as was usual. It has been used post war by the Brits to store 20 pairs of grade 1 ankle boots as stated on the sack.

Rich

CIMG1896.JPG

CIMG1897.JPG

CIMG1898.JPG

CIMG1902.JPG

CIMG1903.JPG

CIMG1904.JPG

CIMG1905.JPG

CIMG1906.JPG

CIMG1907.JPG

CIMG1908.JPG

CIMG1909.JPG

A bit strange that we would leave the eagle on the back, I would have thought that someone would have painted it over at least.

Dave that was the single sided bag. The just turned it Inside out. Soldiers are lazy, I know I was too...

• Like 1