WW1 Mauser bayonets

Afrikakorpsrat64

A couple of my so called "butcher" bayonets. I have always loved the look and feel of these long blades. My first one, as a kid, was a saw back Engineer/Pioneer . Those saw backs seem to be going for crazy prices now.

20191018_101210.jpg

20191018_101226.jpg

20191018_101249.jpg

20191018_101303.jpg

20191018_101352.jpg

20191018_101424.jpg

20191018_101507.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks Tony,

A great few bayonets here, really very nice condition, great stamps.

I had a chance to buy one in France at a Vide Grenier ...with the actual teeth on one side of the blade, but if customs found this I was in the crapper, it was a good price as well.

Thanks for showing us.....Best to you Mate...Ian

• Thanks 1

Nice Bayos...am really getting into collecting them now, I just recently ( at the boot sale)  picked up a WW1 German Bayo, with its original 1915 dated frog...:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Desert Rat said:

Thanks Tony,

A great few bayonets here, really very nice condition, great stamps.

I had a chance to buy one in France at a Vide Grenier ...with the actual teeth on one side of the blade, but if customs found this I was in the crapper, it was a good price as well.

Thanks for showing us.....Best to you Mate...Ian

Yes the Saw back bayonets are sought after, used by engineers etc, but propaganda during WW1 made them out to be weapons of "Horror" lol.

• Like 1

Just now, Norrie said:

Nice Bayos...am really getting into collecting them now, I just recently ( at the boot sale)  picked up a WW1 German Bayo, with its original 1915 dated frog...:)

Nice @Norrie! I still want to find a couple of frogs somewheres for mine and a nice G98 to go with them,lol

• Like 2

Just an added image Tony....Hope you don't mind, of the saw back/ saw tooth WW1 bayonet. I was told that if a GRM soldier was captured with one of these....they the Brits or any Allied soldier would cut his nose off (maybe the ears also?) gouge his eyes out and stuff mud, soil, sawdust, anything they could find to choke him to death, to finally kill him, leave him on display to show the enemy when they found him...what would happen to them if found with one of these>

Best To You...Ian

tumblr_ma9elggHwH1r9khx4o1_500.jpg

• Upvote 1

Tony,

I have a couple or 4 of these, the normal the sawback and sawback period removed.

The last one is on here. I was picking them up for a German pal but he has sold up and stopped collecting!

If you want I can post them on here or start a new thread?

Rich

Edited by Richard Auld
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Richard Auld said:

Tony,

I have a couple or 4 of these, the normal the sawback and sawback period removed.

The last one is on here. I was picking them up for a German pal but he has sold up and stopped collecting!

If you want I can post them on here or start a new thread?

Rich

That would be great @Richard Auld, would love to see them.

• Like 1

Ok Tony, I will do some pictures tomorrow, its gone quarter past 9pm here, I am having a Guinness now, will dig them out in daylight!

Rich

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tony,

I could only find 2 of them but I know they are knocking about somewhere!

RichCIMG1883.thumb.JPG.01454d1055aa875e642d9522cf268f88.JPG

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Richard Auld said:

Tony,

I could only find 2 of them but I know they are knocking about somewhere!

RichCIMG1883.thumb.JPG.01454d1055aa875e642d9522cf268f88.JPG

I like the grip color on the bottom one, nice to see one still retains saw back.

• Like 1