$1250.00!!!

ahrtal

I just saw an early KM buckle with leather tab for sale on the LUX website. He wants $1250.00 USD for it. Are they that rare?  A LW tropical was also listed for that price. It was in tropical paint but had a leather tab. Glad I am broke.🤣

• Like 1

I suppose you can list anything at any price you want? Doesn't mean you will get that. I wouldn't pay that in a month of Sundays. Probably fishing for a mug? If he gets lucky then bonus for him.

Rich

I dont think I,ve ever seen one going for that sort of price before, and I would,nt think just because its early make, they can command a price like that, I reckon he,s trying luck, hoping that someone does, nt know the true value!!!!!

Seems all the buckles were a bit high.  I let most of mine go for a song to a dealer, after little interest. Seems like people prefer to buy from dealers, I guess.

• Like 1

On 24/10/2019 at 04:29, Richard Auld said:

I suppose you can list anything at any price you want? Doesn't mean you will get that. I wouldn't pay that in a month of Sundays. Probably fishing for a mug? If he gets lucky then bonus for him.

Rich

Have to admit, I took the bait on a tropical belt he had about a year ago. I had not seen any anywhere for ages. I had just been fortunate to get an exceptional deal on a matching bayonet with tropical frog, so I wanted a belt. He had one in size 105, so I bought it, and paid premium for it. Naturally about a month later, Tony Catman had a nice one in size 115 for sale at $200.00 USD. Yeah, I bought it, too. Guess I’ll never be able to afford any tropical buckles. At least I have a tropical buckle for a Heer officer.

I suppose again it is down to what you would pay with regards value of an item. I could not come near the price in the title unless there was some sort of gold content or suchlike.

They are unusual but rare they are not.

A months wages for a bit of web, leather and steel that you will never get your money back on is just not an act of war?!

Be patient, one will come along (or two as is normal after you have lashed out) and soon with all the old generation selling up there will be a mass of stuff, it is only logical.

Rich

28 minutes ago, Richard Auld said:

I suppose again it is down to what you would pay with regards value of an item. I could not come near the price in the title unless there was some sort of gold content or suchlike.

They are unusual but rare they are not.

A months wages for a bit of web, leather and steel that you will never get your money back on is just not an act of war?!

Be patient, one will come along (or two as is normal after you have lashed out) and soon with all the old generation selling up there will be a mass of stuff, it is only logical.

Rich

Being an old collector, I am one of those of “the old generation” that must pass down most of my stuff. Some of my later acquisitions I will have to lose money on. Others I hope to profit from. Some I will never be able to sell, as they are rare. I have a German general’s hat that no one will buy unless it is priced as a common peaked cap. I have a formal award of the Knight’s Cross awarded posthumously to one of Mölders‘ group actually signed by Hitler. Again, something for someone with deep pockets. I lucked into it, but not being a dealers d not really able röstend militaria shows, I plan to have it cremated with me, not because I am a neo-nazi, but because my children would put it out for the trash collector. There are very few people that collect such items, and I do not have the connections.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Ahrtal,

Very possible you can sell these on MCN,.....Please post your  images and prices on the MCN - For Sale - and hope they will sell for you.

Best to you Desert Rat/ Ian

• Like 1

The Lux militaria website has a lot of nice collectibles for sale, but at a ridicilous high price. In my opinion, most of the stuff that they are selling is priced at least double of what they normally would be worth.

Best Regards

Björn

• Like 1

On 25/10/2019 at 23:25, ahrtal said:

Being an old collector, I am one of those of “the old generation” that must pass down most of my stuff. Some of my later acquisitions I will have to lose money on. Others I hope to profit from. Some I will never be able to sell, as they are rare. I have a German general’s hat that no one will buy unless it is priced as a common peaked cap. I have a formal award of the Knight’s Cross awarded posthumously to one of Mölders‘ group actually signed by Hitler. Again, something for someone with deep pockets. I lucked into it, but not being a dealers d not really able röstend militaria shows, I plan to have it cremated with me, not because I am a neo-nazi, but because my children would put it out for the trash collector. There are very few people that collect such items, and I do not have the connections.

Well, to destroy history makes absolutley no sense but I have seen on the internet people doing that online, bit like ISIS I suppose!

I learned it on Facebook. Actually may have to sell it through an auction house. I better hurry, though with my one foot in the grave.

Auction house makes more sense than destroying it?

You can't very well sell what you haven't posted up though, you have to try a little bit more than you have? There are lots of sites. 

If it is the real deal I doubt very much that there would be a problem with a private sale to someone with the right interest and funds.

Hell, it would sell itself the cap too.

Rich

True. I have had so many items on FB, MeWe, the various forums and a couple of other sites over the years, that have languished. The prices were realistic, too. Of course just about all have been removed from FB, and new posts are ruled  not meeting community standards; FB really is a nonstarter anymore.  MeWe May take off, but FB features have spoiled us. I am getting it all photographed and am in the process of writing and rewriting descriptions. Never thought I would view my collection as an albatross.